Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just recently bought a 1995 F 350 powerstroke and the guy that had it be for me had installed a B&M floor shifter and its a piece of crap and doesnt work properly. Does anybody know how to put the shifter back into the steering column? I have the original column shifter and the cable is still sitting there. OR does anyone know of a good floor shifter for cheap?

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
i got a floor shifter from broncograveyard. take the plastic off the top of the column its easy to put it back. iirc its a lil push pin or somethin.

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
it should have a snap on ball connection. if you need the lil lever that has to ball let me know.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
The snap type ball connection is there. The B&M shifter utilizes it for their shifter assembly. If you look at the very end of the cable from the B&M shifter at the transmission you will see where it connects the the shift arm on the transmission. It connects to it via the ball stud. If you remove the B&M shifter and cable assembly, you simply snap the factory cable back onto the shift arm with a pair of pliers. Then reinstall the shifter on the column. You may have to do some rewiring if the PO relocated the overdrive switch to work with the floor shifter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts