Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see a pic of a B&M E4OD pan next to a stock one or pics of the trans with it installed.

Changed my fluid and filter and the pan is bent up. I figure why not upgrade it and get a drain plug.

I figure the Mag Hytec is the best choice, but the B&M is more in my price range.

Having trouble deciding which ones will work as well. Summit's listings have alot of them listed for 2WD only.

Also does anyone know how much the B&M pan raises capacity. Spec on Summit says 3 or 3.5 qts. but the caption at the bottom says 1.

·
Caption This
4,258 Posts
Why not just go to Ford and get a new one with a drain plug for 40 bucks.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,060 Posts
What will a larger pan get you? In my opinion, nothing. Get a stock pan and save your money for something useful.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, I called my local dealership yesterday and they have the kit with the pan, all new bolts and a reuseable gasket for $55. Sounds alot better than $190 for a pan that apparently only looks good.

I've also been problems with the trans here and there. The connector to the solenoid pack is getting wet with trans fluid. Is that a pretty simple fix? I figure it will just need a new O ring. Does that block just pop right out after you take the bolts loose? Also thinking about getting a remaned solenoid block off ebay just to rule it out as a problem.

Trans has less than 19k on a complete rebuild and new converter, does not slip at all, converter seems to operate properly but it shifts kinda hard, not all the time sometimes its really bad and triggers the light to flash and other times it drives all day just silky smoothe.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
19k on the rebuild take it back to who did it have them fix the leak?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's got low miles on the rebuild but it was done before I got the truck and close to three years ago. Truck just has not been driven.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got my factory ford pan kit Wednesday and got home with it, opened the box and all that was in there was the pan with the plug in it, no filter, gasket, bolts or anything else. Called back and they ordered me another that should be here tuesday. Hopefully that one will have everything in it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts