Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered and received my b and v code springs. But apparently in my excitement I ordered the overload springs rather than the non overloads. I looked at my truck and noticed I don't have the pads the overloads hit. Will it hurt anything if I install the springs anyway? Should I remove the overload?

·
STILL LEARNING
18,327 Posts
You can run the overloads with no pads and there will be NO problems.

Or if you want, take em off

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
BigSparky, I snapped up some overload brackets from someone parting out their truck with the intent of enjoying the comfy B code springs but having the built in spring capacity the 2 or 3 times a year I needed it. Air bags are likely a better choice for heavy loads but I wouldn't use them often enough to justify the expense. I too would install what you bought even if you don't plan on the brackets anytime soon. (Unless you want to sell them and get the non-overload set.) Without going into too many details, (PM me if you prefer) where did you source your springs?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I will add the pads. I was just concerned that the overloads may hit something before I get pads.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I went with Firestone air bags and manual fill valves on the 97 with SD springs all corners. Always level no matter what the weight, really like this mod, truck handles and rides smooth and level around corners at speed also put on the Anti sway bars and love it.

jrc

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Look into getting the AirLift Wireless controller for the bags.

Billy T.
[email protected]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts