Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
DILLIGAF
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everywhere,I check. They want the exact size..I need a axle nut Tool/Wrench for a 2002 f250 crewcab 4x4 rear axle nut. So i can change the seal.

So for ive come up with (OTC part number 205-448 ) But it doesnt give me the EXACT size.
:bowfast:Any help would be greatly appreaciated.:bowfast: Gonna try Napa and Blues autoparts in the morning.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Everywhere,I check. They want the exact size..I need a axle nut Tool/Wrench for a 2002 f250 crewcab 4x4 rear axle nut. So i can change the seal.

So for ive come up with (OTC part number 205-448 ) But it doesnt give me the EXACT size.
:bowfast:Any help would be greatly appreaciated.:bowfast: Gonna try Napa and Blues autoparts in the morning.
In for info.

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
i went to Oreilys and the package said spindle nut for fords year-year. My truck fell between the years that was listed so i bought it.

It was a tight fit due to the coating on the socket but i got a wire wheel that was on a bench grinder after if and it slide right in.

You local parts house ought to be able to help you get what you need.

·
DILLIGAF
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did find one at oreilys that was suppose to fit. But it seemed to tight a fit and a didnt want to force it..I thought of maybe useing something to smooth the edge down a bit. But ive already brought it back. Now that your telling me this. I may try it again....Thks and ill post whatever the outcome is.

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
its a REAL tight fit but it will go in there and it works

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
The one i bought at Carquest fits perfectly.

·
DILLIGAF
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ordered one from Napa. Should have it in the morning. Ill try and get to it tomorrow and post back here on the outcome.(Cost 47 Bucks + Tax. For that price it better be a perfect fit.)

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
thats about what mine was. Hell of a thing to have to buy a 50.00 socket to to use only a few times.

·
Registered
132 Posts
thats about what mine was. Hell of a thing to have to buy a 50.00 socket to to use only a few times.
I just got one from advance auto parts, you pay the deposite and get it back when you return the tool.

·
DILLIGAF
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The one from Napa worked perfect. (Made in Taiwan) I may post the number off the socket in case someone needs it.
The axle nut came off too easy. Just used my hand to turn the socket. . Im kinda thinking it just needed to be tightened and the seal wasnt actually bad. But ofcourse i went ahead and changed it anyways. Thks for all the help guys.:bowfast:

·
Registered
132 Posts
The one from Napa worked perfect. (Made in Taiwan) I may post the number off the socket in case someone needs it.
The axle nut came off too easy. Just used my hand to turn the socket. . Im kinda thinking it just needed to be tightened and the seal wasnt actually bad. But ofcourse i went ahead and changed it anyways. Thks for all the help guys.:bowfast:
Even if you tightened the nut, the seal would have most likely still leaked. The seal is usually fubared when the hub has too much play.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts