Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I kept getting a wiff of the all to known coolant smell in the truck. Mostly at a stop light or after i shut the truck off and walked in front of it. Well I checked to see if i could see a leek the other day and found the short heater hose on the pass side just under the pipe coming from turbo to the innercooler was dripping a little. Well I changed that and coolant went all over the place on that side of the truck. So I washed the engine a couple days later and the smell went mostly away. Im hoping that im just being paraniod about the truck but i can still smell it. The coolant resevior bottle doesnt seem to be loosing coolant. Or at least not much. I had filled it up to the line on the bottle after changing the line and it went down a little but after a weeks worth of driving it hasnt moved since. I dont know that much about 6.0l so im wondering if i have a blown HG or if im just being nervious about it. The truck runs fine and doesnt blow any smoke ever. It has an egr delete and no cat or muffler. There are no leaks on the ground that i can see and cant see any visible leeks on the motor. Anybody have an idea?

Thanks,
Josh

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
Your HGs are probably fine unless you start puking coolant out of the degas bottle (coolant resevoir). so you are prolly good but keep an eye on the coolant

1 - 2 of 2 Posts