Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ordered a TW chip a week and a half ago. wondering what the average wait time is for everyone that has one? according to TDP's site it is still "processing". i emailed him at the end of last week and he said he was planning on catching up over the weekend.....here it is weds night now and still nothing. i know the tunes will be worth the wait but burning a chip with tunes already made doesnt take more than 10-20 minutes. al i understand im not the only customer but still to me its almost at the point of unreasonable time for it.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
A week and a half?
That's a waiting starter kit. LOL
I've waited for months for custom parts before...not from Tony though.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I waited 3 weeks then called Tony, he told me he had already sent it, but must have gotten lost in the mail, a week later I had it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha im used to building my own stuff so i get antsy. when i order something its usually a part on the shelf i need to complete something not a chip. did the base tune in my stang myself and trailered it to my buddy and did 841 rwhp on pumpgas and was done on the spot. i just hate having money out and nothing to "show" for it

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have sent mine off once for a reburn and both times when i ordered it and when i got the reburn it was about 4-6. Once you get it in, then want a reburn 4-6 weeks seem forever, cuz it feels like your driving a little moped, cuz of no power:D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
to me 4-6 is unreasonable and unrealistic for what is being done. like i said i understand if he is busy but damn burning a chip isnt hard. i dunno i may just end up cancelling. ill give till monday for a response on shipment but dont think ill wait any longer.

·
PSN Local
586 Posts
When i ordered my chip for my 7.3 from DP Tuner it took like 2 1/2 weeks for me to get it. Good people over there. Just my .02
Hopefully it all works out for you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
trust me, you will want to wait for Tony's tunes. Tony is a very busy person and only burns chips in his spare time and he will definately take care of your performance needs

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
My buddy just ordered 2 chips from him, I think it ended up taking around 4 weeks for them, with dozens of calls to TW and not a single one returned. I believe a few emails were sent too. They did finally show up and the tunes rock. Coming from a 6.0 person, that'd drive me nuts. We usually have our tunes emailed back to us in less than 24 hours from certain vendors! haha

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
ordered a TW chip a week and a half ago. wondering what the average wait time is for everyone that has one? according to TDP's site it is still "processing". i emailed him at the end of last week and he said he was planning on catching up over the weekend.....here it is weds night now and still nothing. i know the tunes will be worth the wait but burning a chip with tunes already made doesnt take more than 10-20 minutes. al i understand im not the only customer but still to me its almost at the point of unreasonable time for it.
I am sorry you feel this way, and we have been working very hard on catching back up and was doing a good job at untill we got a phone call from the chip manufacture saying that our chip order was being put on hold cause all chips were on back order. We have no finally found out that they are expected to be here sometime late this week friday or monday of next week. Once tony and i can get those in our hands we will be getting caught back up and we will get it to you as quickly as we can. Depending on where you on the list you chip sould ship mid next week ill keep you posted if something changes.

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
We let anybody in don't we! :doh:
It takes a long time because he's busy, he's busy cuz he's good! Lotsa chip burners ain't busy right now... why dontcha give them a ring?

Cut the guy some slack! By day he waits tables at Denny's and dances at a topless bar by night. He'll get your chip done, and you'll be glad you waited :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am sorry you feel this way, and we have been working very hard on catching back up and was doing a good job at untill we got a phone call from the chip manufacture saying that our chip order was being put on hold cause all chips were on back order. We have no finally found out that they are expected to be here sometime late this week friday or monday of next week. Once tony and i can get those in our hands we will be getting caught back up and we will get it to you as quickly as we can. Depending on where you on the list you chip sould ship mid next week ill keep you posted if something changes.
i have no problem with this but would like to be told that. if a problem arises a simple email/call goes a long way to me.

joedaddy, if you would READ i said i understand he is busy but for the work being done to me is a bit unreasonable. now as new info has come to light i see the delay IS NOT his fault but his suppliers. IF i would have been informed of this issue to arise i would have simply said ok no problem. obviously i decided on using his tunes for a reason but customer service also plays a big role(which i understand his service is good except for the getting ahold of him part). i did get a respone to my email last week and was told he was planning on catching up over the weekend. i havent heard anything in a few days so NATURALLY i became slightly concerned about whats going on since the status has not changed nor have i recieved a update.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
i have no problem with this but would like to be told that. if a problem arises a simple email/call goes a long way to me.

joedaddy, if you would READ i said i understand he is busy but for the work being done to me is a bit unreasonable. now as new info has come to light i see the delay IS NOT his fault but his suppliers. IF i would have been informed of this issue to arise i would have simply said ok no problem. obviously i decided on using his tunes for a reason but customer service also plays a big role(which i understand his service is good except for the getting ahold of him part). i did get a respone to my email last week and was told he was planning on catching up over the weekend. i havent heard anything in a few days so NATURALLY i became slightly concerned about whats going on since the status has not changed nor have i recieved a update.

we try to inform all of our customers but tonys phone allways has 20+ voicemails on it cause he cant get to all of them in a lightning fast pace, and we have tones of emails in our inbox from customers, so naturally one or two will get buy us that we were not able to inform that theres a supplier issue. Again well will get your chip out as quickly as we get some new ones in our hands

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts

I read what you said, and was busting your balls LOL Take it easy, what you invision as an acceptable wait time is based on what... ? Everybody gets anxious to get their tunes, I did to. Relax, they'll come, and when they do you'll be smiling :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
joe im in the automotive business in the regular repair aspect and the performance aspect. i get my time aspect from the factor of building and installing a turbo kit on cars from scratch in less than a weeks time in my spare time at night after working a full-time job. now once again ill say im fine now knowing that the delay not his fault.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I sent my chip to be reburned in December and got it back in 3 weeks. That includes shipping both ways from WA to TX.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
:whs:

Glad Randall chimed in. BTW, Randall, you need to get Tony to change you to blue.
thanks andy ill get him to do that

and to the guy that made this post, i have some updated knews and that is that our supplier wont have the chips untill today meaning we wont recieve them till probably middle of next week, but again we will do what it takes to get caught back up at that point once we have chips in hand but unfortunately theres nothing we can do right now with out any chips.

·
Registered
254 Posts
When I bought mine and when I had it reburned it took about 3 weeks to get up here to Alaska. The reburn was a very LONG 3 weeks but I understood from the get-go that Tony does this on his spare time so tried not to get too antsy. His tunes are incredible, and he has my business and any I can send his way even if he isn't as quick as some other vendors at times.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts