Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I'm in need of aux back up lighting and I have seen some of the aftermarket hitch style lights and others... what is everyone using? I read another thread which said to run a dedicated system with relay, but will the hitch one work instead.. what other lights,brands or even pictures can you suggest. I'm having a hell of a time seeing out the back and with all the kids running around the house, I'm in need of serious lighting and looking for all suggestions.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts

·
strokefreak
353 Posts
go to your favorite parts store and get a set of regular driving lights,a bit of extra wire,some zipties or wire loom,and a switch. bolt them up on he back where they are safe from road debris etc and simply wire them to the switch on the dashboard. using the switch allows you to turn them on when working behind the truck without it having to be in reverse. did this on mine and its proven useful many times.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Well to be honest they are bright, but don't throw a large pattern of light since they are a projector beam. Unless you need it to light up every thing behind you these do aid in backing and hooking up at night.

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,350 Posts
55 W lights from napa...i put them above the bumper...snow banks like to bust them off when on the hitch...with the relay its like having low beam headlights on..no night shots..sorry

Attachments

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I run a set of rear facing kc flood lamps on my headache rack. They work very well and light up the night. Theyre also good to use on those aholes that wont shut there brights off when they are behind you. They shut em off in a hurry when those come on

·
Need a ride.
553 Posts
go to your favorite parts store and get a set of regular driving lights,a bit of extra wire,some zipties or wire loom,and a switch. bolt them up on he back where they are safe from road debris etc and simply wire them to the switch on the dashboard. using the switch allows you to turn them on when working behind the truck without it having to be in reverse. did this on mine and its proven useful many times.
X2 :whs:, went to Wally World and got the 55 watt small oval driving light, they have rectangular also but their in the auto section, paid about 17.00 for the kit, comes with everthing. Attached them to my bumper near the hitch for hooking and unhooking my TT at nite plus the added light at nite, real easy and nothing more important than kid safety..:bowfast:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts