Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has an espar heater? Do you like it? what was the price installed? Thinking of espar or wabasco heater. What is the general opinion?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I work all over as a pipe welder. As a contractor we get the worst parking lots with gravel and no elect..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One job I work in the winter, is 1 mile to parking lot. I have been there when temps have hit 20 below. I can't run out every 2 hrs or so to fire up truck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a remote start installed on mine that allows me to set it to start by temp or time and then run for 20 min.Maybe something worth looking into.

·
Administrator
32,966 Posts
I have a remote start installed on mine that allows me to set it to start by temp or time and then run for 20 min.Maybe something worth looking into.
Me also it was made by DEI but was discontinued

who makes yours?

I was reading up on those Espar heaters after another thread
they look interesting

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have an Espar works great I never have to mess around with cords anymore. I have had it now for 4 years I think and it was about $2500CND installed, which took a full day.

I did have a few problems with the intake and exhaust lines that I had to re route because they would fill up with snow from driving down the road and then the heater would not fire up. I had to take it in to get serviced last year, as the combustion chamber got full of soot and it would not fire up all the time.

I have two friends that have them on diesel trucks and no issues with them at all. The one guy did have a very expensive lesion learned as he decided to cheap out and get a back yard mechanic to install it. The mechanic at first wanted to weld the heater to the trucks frame. Then the guy did not clean out the fuel tank after drilling holes in it for the fuel lines and the little bits of plastic ended taking a few injectors out ha ha.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The remote start I have is by Auto Page,not sure of the model but it has many features including a turbo cool down mode.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yep it comes with a timer that is set to 120min max. You can have three different times set in the programmer but you have to remember to set it one one as it will not default to any time. I think you can also get a wireless remote so ya don't have to go to the truck if you want to turn on the heater.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts