Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so Ive bugged everyone bout all my tuner questions and have decided what to get. I have also been convinced that I need some guages also and seems everyone suggests autometer guages. I also have my ears open for other suggestions if anyone has any. and if autometer what would be the most stock looking for the ford lighting (green).

Also where to mount them? I know that everyone seems to put them on the pillar but I can only find the pillar plastic in black and I have the grey plastic interior. Anyone know if someone makes the pods color specific? Im not against mounting them somewheres else also if anyone has any good suggestions and a way to mount them. Pics would be dandy to if youve got them on your truck. Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, actually I think Ive made up my mind that I would like the gauge kit from glowshift but I can't find anyone who will sell the pod in the grey color for the obs. They offer the color in 99 and new though. I know they can be painted but just was hoping to find the exact color.

Actually I found a place that offers the kit and for an additional 14 bucks they would paint the pod grey but holly crap that website is a nightmare to deal with. Trying to register had me bout to pull my hair out:eek:

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'm pretty sure Complete Performance is a glow shift dealer, and a sponsor here, I'd also venture to bet that they can hook you up with the correct dye to match your grey pillars.

·
Pre-K
410 Posts
I'm pretty sure Complete Performance is a glow shift dealer, and a sponsor here, I'd also venture to bet that they can hook you up with the correct dye to match your grey pillars.
I would look into this route. There's many different brands out there. Most have up and down opinions or reviews. Just in browsing google I'd say Glowshift has about a 50/50 review. Cheap price (or buying from a non vendor) isn't always best way to go. IssPro has a really nice line and mostly all great reviews but 100-200+ per gauge. Autometer is about in the middle.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We are sponsors here as well...
Im all about supporting the sponsors here, thats fine with me. Patrickke, can you get me a price on the glowshift black 7color with all materials to hook them up. the 3 norm guages is what I need, boost, trans temp, and egt.

And CAN YOU get me the triple pod for the 97 ford that is GREY?? Shoot me some prices. you gotta website? Lessss giter duuuuuuuuuunnnnn!

Hell, and your from lex ky. Hell Im from brown county ohio. Your not to far from me!

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Yup, we can get ya any gauge, any pod and painted in any color......along with hydrographing any pod or dash piece.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Im all about supporting the sponsors here, thats fine with me. Patrickke, can you get me a price on the glowshift black 7color with all materials to hook them up. the 3 norm guages is what I need, boost, trans temp, and egt.

And CAN YOU get me the triple pod for the 97 ford that is GREY?? Shoot me some prices. you gotta website? Lessss giter duuuuuuuuuunnnnn!
Yeah Holderdownperformance.com And I will get you a price

·
Addicted Offroad
92 Posts
I would recommend staying away from the LED backlight gauges. The LEDs in my experience will not dim, and are too bright IMO and really effect the night time driving. Autometer is a standard bulb with cover and will match a lot better and dim accordingly at night when you need it.

I have run those POS 7 color LEDs gauges and you can't see for crap at night. Especially with the green light. I had to run mine with red just because it was easier to see.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
I would recommend staying away from the LED backlight gauges. The LEDs in my experience will not dim, and are too bright IMO and really effect the night time driving. Autometer is a standard bulb with cover and will match a lot better and dim accordingly at night when you need it.

I have run those POS 7 color LEDs gauges and you can't see for crap at night. Especially with the green light. I had to run mine with red just because it was easier to see.
That's odd, I never had a problem dimming my autometer gauges with leds, and hell the leds matched a lot better then the bulbs with the little cover.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
same here I added the led controiler to dimm it a bit more :)

·
Addicted Offroad
92 Posts
That's odd, I never had a problem dimming my autometer gauges with leds, and hell the leds matched a lot better then the bulbs with the little cover.
Autometer may be an exception, but most of the cheap LED gauges do not dim at all.

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
We have obs pods and gauges from isspro, glowshift and autometer in stock.
pm me a price on a tripple pillar pod with boost, pyro and trans temp please. glowshift or whatever the cheapest you have is. thanks!

·
Addicted Offroad
92 Posts
We have obs pods and gauges from isspro, glowshift and autometer in stock.

pm me a price on a double pillar pod with boost, pyro. (I have a manual tranny). Autometer(Something black faced and cheap)lol

·
ate lug
172 Posts
same here I added the led controiler to dimm it a bit more :)

Yeha my LED Autometers dim just fine. But im cheap and didnt want to spend the $ on the LED dimmer kit, so i just bought a $3 potentiometer from RadioShack and wired it in myself. Does the same thing, and its a lot cheaper ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts