Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1994 ford f250 7.3l turbo 4x4 with auto hubs that I want to switch to manual hubs. Do I need to get the conversion kit with new spindle nuts and the locking hubs or can I just get the locking hubs?

·
Registered
73 Posts
you need the conversion kit as well, it is converting it to a jam nut style system, at least in the warn kit that I used. My local oreillys had the hubs and conversion kits in stock, it was the best few hundred bucks ive ever spent. Also, If you go for the warn kit, the big retainer that goes in place of the old c-clip will go in, it is just tight, and you have to twist the retainer, don't bend it. Also, make sure you bend the outside end of the retainer out a touch so there is something to grab if it ever has to come out, otherwise it is a pita to remove.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
If your auto hubs have three bolts on the cover you need the spindle nuts. Not all autos are the three bolt variety.

Those "kits" cost you double what it does just to get the spindle nuts and washers separately at NAPA.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,334 Posts
You still need the "conversion kit"

But save your money and go to your local junk yard. They probably have a PILE of the nuts and lock washers for cheap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts