Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides getting codes, how in the hell do you use this damn thing. Does anybody live near Dripping Springs, TX that has one and wouldn't mind showing me a couple of tips and what to look for. Thanks

·
Registered
403 Posts
What are you trying to do?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to check my X out, injectors, cylinders, etc. Make sure everything is firing on all cyl. the same and I don't have any underlying problems that I can't see or feel with normal driving. Basically learn how to use this thing so If one of my buddies or a local PN member needs some help I can provide it.

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,347 Posts
maybe these little test will hep you out..there is a drop down under each set of numbers to selelct what you want to watch..you may need to scrole though each drop down to find what you need..

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked at the help section but didn't find any of this stuff, this is what I was looking for so I appreciate the direction. I will find it now and Thanks.

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,347 Posts
glad i could help...you wont find them test like that in the help link...
here is another question that gets asked quite often..how do i change tire size to make spedo read right

After the pcm logs on you will get the vehicle selection box. When it opens go to the bottom where it says System.

It should already say enhanced power train Click the drop down arrow and change it to anti lock brake then click on ok.

After the truck connects click on the test on board system tab. Click the drop down tab next to the initiate button and select
tire size.

When that opens there will be a left and right arrow on the far right next to the initiate button. Click the right arrow
to get a bigger tire.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great info man, Thanks alot.

·
Genius, when I drink
1,295 Posts
Good stuff should be worth saving somewhere easy to get to for everyone.

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,347 Posts
here is a couple more...save them on your PC

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
those PDF files are awesome... put more up if you have any or know of anywhere else to get some more info!

Thanks for posting them!

·
The Ontaribertan.
213 Posts
Yea, that info is amazing. I've been thinking of investing in AE. Where's the best place to get the software?

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Dennis at ITP.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ron, the general concensus is you should make a sticky, your stuff is great-Thanks.

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,347 Posts
Ron, the general concensus is you should make a sticky, your stuff is great-Thanks.
i cant take credit for making them PDF's.. when i got my AE a friend (Amiller)made them up to help me just like i hope it did for you..after you get the basic's you can play around more with it to see what else it does...i dont have any more PDF's like that to share..sorry.. but i hope it was enough to get you going.....
Bill at PHP has a forum for AE if you need any kind of help
AutoEnginuity® Diagnostic Software - Power Hungry Performance Forum

1 - 17 of 17 Posts