Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 01ccsb 4x4 auto with 134K and I was wondering what kind of miles are typical on the auto trans? The truck is stock for now but I'm planning to do a few things, nothing major just the typical exhaust, chip, and level it with 305s and I don't pull anything real heavy. Any tips on stretching out the life of the trans? Thanks, Matt

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
You have an 01. Has it been rebuilt before? If not, it could have the dreaded diode. Mine dumped the trans at 55 when the diode went. Regular service and a bigger cooler might help some along with a Valve Body. Give BTS a call. IMO, he is one of the premier trans builders and won't sell you something you don't need. Good thing he talked me out of a Torque Converter. My trans gave up 2 weeks later.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. As far as i know it has never been rebuilt but i got it from a local dealer and I doubt they would know. I baby it for the most part so hopefully it won't give out on me anytime soon. Is there a way to tell if it has this dreaded diode?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just bought an 01ccsb 4x4 auto with 134K and I was wondering what kind of miles are typical on the auto trans? The truck is stock for now but I'm planning to do a few things, nothing major just the typical exhaust, chip, and level it with 305s and I don't pull anything real heavy. Any tips on stretching out the life of the trans? Thanks, Matt
At least make sure you have fresh synthetic ATF and clean filter. IMO.
Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts