Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have boutgt one and have a question, my truck is a 04 6.0 4x4 lariet auto. with any power adder it hesitates at higher rpm. with scanner there are no codes and the balance test shows no inj problems. i really think i have inj going bad. can someone tell me some testing procedures with it and is there a site with the sensors values? thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it studders at 2700, or if you stomp on it at around 10 mph . on stock setting is better the icp pressure is good

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not really impressed with this scanner. i got it mainly to test injectors but its testing of them has a lot ot be desired. wished i coould get a g2 scanner .

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
well they should sell an AE for dummies manual because a lot of the valuse of good components arent available for us dummies to compare our trucks to
but it is a decent tool

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that would be nice , the g2 onlt test the injectors by going through the ficm moduel, thats all it does at least electrically its definate good or bad.it shows all 8 injectors and the values running of each. mine runs low speed great and idles good . been searching for the componment spects.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im slowly gathering a base info on sensors the past couple of days. so i can have a base line of them. would love to have someone with a healthy truck post all of them for comparison.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ficm power 13.0 logic 13.0 main 49.0
fuel pump 99%
cmp low
map 14.5
bar press 14.2
inj timing -3.6
vcg duty 72.9
icp 640 volts .8
ipr 22.6
all at operating temp havent done cold yet

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
figured mine out finally its that junky quadzilla box. i had one on a dodge and it was junk now this ford the same . i used my brothers edge downloader and runs great . i been fighting this fo rmonths now id glad i got it running good.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Definately get rid of both tuners and go with SCT and custom tunes or you will be having more problems

·
Registered
317 Posts
well they should sell an AE for dummies manual because a lot of the valuse of good components arent available for us dummies to compare our trucks to
but it is a decent tool
We are working on a manual for the 7.3 and 6.0 for use with the Auto Enginuity tool. We sell a pile of these scan tools and spend a lot of time on the phone with customers who have bought them that aren't sure how to use them. Give us a month or so and it will be done.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts