Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that the AE with the Ford bundle can do just about everything that a dealership can do with their IDS.

So I was wondering if I could get some input from people that have it and see how it worked for you. It would be nice if I could hear from a dealership tech that has used both but beggars cant be choosers.

I know that all the advertisements talk about the various abilities of this system but what does/can it do that benefits us PSD owners specifically??

·
Administrator
32,970 Posts
AE can read any pid the system can provide including the sub systems like Trans,ABS etc
it can reset tire size , data log, check injectors ,do various system checks,,, engine running and not running

Not many who have the IDS are going to have an AE

the advantage of owning is being able to isolate an injector or any other issue and not having to pay the $100 diagnostic fee and also if it not running you won't have to tow it to and from a shop to figure out what part needs replaced if you were planning on doing the repair yourself

the downside is there are no step by step directions really so allot of times the values you read won't make any sense and you will have to post up and ask if it's in range

1 - 2 of 2 Posts