Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been chasing an intermittent issue on my truck for about 4 years. Once the ambient temperature reaches 70F, I will randomly get a CEL (mostly on startup), and the truck will run rough for a few minutes then the motor will smooth out and the CEL will go off. While the CEL is on, the truck feels like it has a pretty big power boost. This was happening long before my chip, so I don't think that is the culprit.

In order to figure out what is going on I bought the Auto Enginuity with the Ford Extended pack or whatever it is called. I have hooked up to the truck a few times and done a buzz test and a few other things, but so far haven't figured out how to use the system enough to pinpoint a problem. I suspect the IPR, but have no idea what to look for.

I am in South Eastern Wyoming, is there anyone in the general area (within a few hours) who is familiar with the AE and would like to teach me how to use this thing? If you want to come to me, I have a 50x75 shop just waiting to be useful.

·
Premium Member
9,187 Posts
read the diagnostic trouble codes on the front page of the AE.
this will tell you what is setting off the CEL.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.