Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Austin/Leander Mechanics?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  derrickl11 
#1 ·
I bought a 99 7.3L 4x4 Automatic recently. Not knowing anything about diesels I thought I was doing OK. NOT. I took a screwing. But now I'm into it and can't turn around. Are there any Backyard Mechanics in the Austin area/ Leander area that wouldn't mind helping me decide what to do next and the areas of repair that need priority. I'm also thinking of buying a long block and just skipping the nickel and dime repairs. Would any one be interested in helping swap that beast??? I just can't afford shop labor pricing but I can pay. I'm fairly mechanical, just looking for direction and some help.

#2 ·
Not exactly sure where you are located. But i live in the Austin, Texas area (Dripping Springs) and I take my 08 6.4 diesel to Ryan at Dripping Diesel. Hes close to 290 Oakhill area almost..

If its not too far for you, Take it to dripping diesel and tell em Derrick sent ya!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.