Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
TimmyaleX
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of plows are you guys using. I may have an oportunity to get a smokin deal on a poly X blade Fisher. Any info would be great.

TimmyaleX

·
Young'n
1,564 Posts
we plow a lot here in WV and my favorite is Meyer, and western is good, we have both, less problems with the meyer. how much for the plow give us some details..

·
TimmyaleX
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought my truck with the truck side complete. Set up for a Fisher 3 wire system. The owner of the dealership I work for also owns an equipment dealership. So my discount of 10% over cost applies to that shop as well. They are a fisher dealer. They have a couple of the 8 foot poly x blade set ups left over and are looking to get rid of them cheap (maybe at cost!). I was hoping to pick up some drive ways and maybe a couple of small lots. To make some extra cash this winter. Really wondering if anyone has any experience with the poly.

·
TimmyaleX
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
i seen more western plows up here, my first choice would be that then meyer/fisher. i wont run boss plows simply because of that hydro cylinder that rasies and lowers the blade, with that its doesnt allow the blade to float and makes it so that blade is placed firmly against the ground. one other things is that it doesnt give you the opiton to stack the snow into big snow banks.

·
Grumpy Old Bitter Bastard
6,476 Posts
I'm still running a 30 yr old Meyer plow. Been on several trucks. Had a Western too in the past. They all worked well. I have broken all of them and rebuilt them numerous times. I do like the bottom trip on the Fisher plows though. Looks like it would put less of a beating on the mold board and plow frame.

Plus, I'm going to move this up to general discussion area.

·
TimmyaleX
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replys does anyone have any experience with the poly mold board? really wondering about its durability. It weighs 90 lbs more than the regular steel hd 8 foot plow.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Id go with a 9 ft blade. When turning, you end up driving over the snow with a 8ft blade.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I don't have too much experience with that particular blade but I do know that Fisher is pretty much King up here in New England. Being made in Maine certainly helps. So with that I am sure of all the plows you would have the best chance of getting service or parts with a Fisher. I know just about any home owner or shop garage I go into seems to have some sort of fisher parts laying around somewhere and 90% of the plows you see on the road are Fishers.

if no one has info here you could ask the guys over at PlowSite.com™ - Snow Plowing & Ice Management Forum Powered by Moose River Media - Powered by vBulletin

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
I am using a Boss power V plow on my 450. I cant do the straight blade plows.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I run an 8' Fisher Minute Mount straight blade. Does a great job for what I need it for. I'd love to have a V plow, but for now the straight blade will do.

I can't wait for it to start snowing.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts