Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse my language. I have a buddy with a cummins who made the terrible decision of putting an ats trans in his truck. I followed him down to ATS's headquarters yesterday (150 mile trip for me and it was my fourth time down there for this same thing). Anyway this was the 5th time he had to take his truck to ATS for warranty and repairs. He has had 3 BRAND NEW transmissions from them. So we took a tech on a drive and showed him all of the problems... a couple recurring from the last trip down there even. Tech took notes and seemed to understand the issues. So my friend gets a call this afternoon saying its done. He triple checks with the techs that everything is fixed so we head back down there. Upon arrival, we drive the truck and NOTHING changed. Literally the exact same very apparent issues are still happening! Mike from ATS (who is a piece of ####) was an incredible prick and told my friend he was stupid and there were no problems and to "Get that #### out of your head". Mike honest to god walked away while we were talking to him mid sentence. Pretty professional. So my buddy said screw you guys I want my money back! And the other idiot, Jason handed him ATS's lawyers card. Thats when you know your company is terrible and tries to screw people. Be careful what you get from them. Im ashamed for them and will never go back again.

·
HHAUL'N STROKER
1,574 Posts
I hope someone from ATS is on here and sees that everyone on here knows what peices of chit they are. And that a big percent of powerstroke owners see their ways on this site!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
So did you guys just walk out and leave? I would have made a huge scene there if I knew I was never going back to them again.

Good luck with the Lawyers, not the route I'd go, sounds like just more money, headache, and aggravation regarding ATS.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
So did you guys just walk out and leave? I would have made a huge scene there if I knew I was never going back to them again.

Good luck with the Lawyers, not the route I'd go, sounds like just more money, headache, and aggravation regarding ATS.
That's what small claims court is for. :D

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
What a fuktard, sounds about like my deal with Road Armor trying to get my bumper from them. Hope your buddy gets his money back or something gets done about it. Sounds like Mike is a total POS.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

That was more the readers digest version, we all yelled, and cussed at each other but ya I said that this is why 90% of the people ive ever met thinks that this is a #### company and will NEVER buy anything from you! And I said you know you run a terrible business if you have a lawyer on staff. I have heard there are several lawsuits going on against them as we speak.... wonder why. Ya if anyone from ATS is here... Then I hope you know that I will never ever set foot in there again, and NEVER buy anything at all ever again and I will spread the word that your customer service is by far the worst ive ever come acrossed. I will say I have had great experiences with Eric and his father scott, they are great guys. Eric let us borrow his pullin hitch at truckfest. As for anyone else heres my finger!

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
That was more the readers digest version, we all yelled, and cussed at each other but ya I said that this is why 90% of the people ive ever met thinks that this is a #### company and will NEVER buy anything from you! And I said you know you run a terrible business if you have a lawyer on staff. I have heard there are several lawsuits going on against them as we speak.... wonder why. Ya if anyone from ATS is here... Then I hope you know that I will never ever set foot in there again, and NEVER buy anything at all ever again and I will spread the word that your customer service is by far the worst ive ever come acrossed. I will say I have had great experiences with Eric and his father scott, they are great guys. Eric let us borrow his pullin hitch at truckfest. As for anyone else heres my finger!
Here ya go gleason, this might help ya.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
I've always seen good and bad stories about 'em around 50/50, but over about the past year or so it seems like I've been seeing a lot more of the bad.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
To be more fair what were the issues with the transmission that you demonstrated to the tech? What were the previous issues with the tranmission?

·
HEARING IMPAIRED
614 Posts
With all the bad stuff I hear. Especially this. I know I will never buy there.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Sounds about like my experiences with ATS trannies as well as a few customers.

Also went through the same thing with Road Armor.

Coincidences?
Yea Road Armor sucks!

·
utah get me two
1,935 Posts
this is like the 5th time i have heard real asinine sheot about their whole company,they will never see any of my money

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
To be more fair what were the issues with the transmission that you demonstrated to the tech? What were the previous issues with the tranmission?
First Trans- drove the truck 28 miles... Valve stuck open melted the valve body toasted the clutches and fried the converter

Second Trans- Something went haywire and the torque converter exploded is how they put it and took out the second gear in the trans which led to another valve body issue

Third Trans- At truckfest the transmission would lock the converter and kill the truck, plus a "ghost shift" appeared from 3-4 where it would lock, then slip, shift to fourth and relock then back to third

Fourth Time at ATS- Valve body fix, new pump and torque converter

Fifth and LAST time at ATS- Wouldnt shift down into second until about thirty (Shifted into first before it would go to second) The ghost shift STILL wasnt fixed from last time, and sometimes when you start the truck the trans lines would vibrate really hard and rock the truck.

So they called the next day and said its all fixed! And each problem was still very noticeably there! My friend asked for his money back and there was a big shouting match. So they gave us their lawyers card (Yes ATS has a lawyer on staff) what a holes you know they screw people over everyday. So my friend said fine ill bring this piece of #### down here when I get my suncoast put in then i will expect my core and money back.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hopefully he will... hes already got a claim in with the BBB (idk how the hell they are still a member) either way he is going to do everything he can

·
--------
551 Posts
... hes already got a claim in with the BBB (idk how the hell they are still a member)
The BBB is a scam. Most people think it's a government entity. It isn't. It's a private company that gets it's money from the membership dues. They want to keep all their members because they make money from them. BTW, if you're not a member, they can't give out any info on your company.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts