Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Proud PSN Sponsor!
2,171 Posts
The answer really depends on what you need. If you don't need a whole new turbo for your combination, spending an extra $1200 isn't necessarily worth it. If you think you'll need more turbo in the future based on other things you're doing (injectors, etc.)...then it might make sense to hold off for now and do the aftermarket turbo later when you can swing it.

·
<----Colin Banks
3,001 Posts
Are you having a problem with surge right now? That would be an alright call for now, but a BB turbo is a far better investment and can grow with your truck if needed. I had a major surge issue in my EX, but I did not want to add that housing. I have the TN BB on the EX and dont regret it at all. It is far better than the stocker and ATS housing.

·
<==Twin Turbo
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well im ordering my tuner soon, id just rather be safe than sorry, one place said when you do the tuner do a wheel, so i figured if i do the wheel might as well do the housing.....i wont have the money for a turbo for probably another year if that

·
917 Posts
I would not do the wheel at all. Just do the ats housing but only if your turbo is in good shape. Otherwise save your money for a drop in.

·
917 Posts
Mine will be for sale if my drop in upgrade ever shows up.

·
Braaaaaaaaaaaap
270 Posts
Im, happy with my ats housing, no need for the wheel... also the resale value of the ats housing is pretty good too.
Yup, I sold my ATS housing for $350 the first day I had it advertised and there was a handfull of people inline if someone flaked. Of course I did get the one dumbass lowballer who offered a $150 :hehe:

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Yup, I sold my ATS housing for $350 the first day I had it advertised and there was a handfull of people inline if someone flaked. Of course I did get the one dumbass lowballer who offered a $150 :hehe:

There is always one!!!!

·
<==Drivin My Boat
528 Posts
if you do a wheel you really should get the turbo rebalanced. the assembly is balanced as a unit by removing material from the nut on the turbine. some people have been OK by just putting in on, but its one of those things that really needs to be done

1 - 11 of 11 Posts