Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DIESELdog...
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the ATS injectors? They are really cheap ($485) and local to where I am. I have some old Beans Stage 1s that need to be rebuilt and I'm thinking that ATS might be the best route if they are comparable.

For those who know, isn't a stage 1 a stage 1 no matter who builds them? I mean, there are no custom parts on the injector, I thought. Only of the shelf pieces put together to make a stage 1. Correct?

So that being said, ATS doesn't give cc numbers. Beans claims 165cc.

A search of the forum, and the web shows no results on any conversation around ATS injectors which is really interesting.

·
DIESELdog...
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Holy #### I take that back. I just called them and it's $530 PER INJECTOR!!!! Major WTF. I guess that's why I don't see anybody using them.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
LOL... Good old ATS...

I bet you have to run there tuning with them too.

·
DIESELdog...
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Ryan! No offense with my straying eyes. I lost my job and I need to find a fast and inexpensive way of getting my truck healthy again. Because I've always run vegetable oil through them, and have run them dry a couple times, they need rebuilt. It's something I've planned on for a while and I know I've really beat up on them. Now I have really high EGTs and lots of smoke, and rough running so I need to get them cleaned up before I melt something else. FWIW, you're still the best option for injectors.

·
Wheelie Dude
2,126 Posts
Problem we see alot of times with vegi oil is it is so hard on the injector it makes the cores unusable so you may have a core charge in there as well non-refunded. Its cheap to run but will usually cost when it comes to replacing injectors, some guys dont mind though because they save so much in fuel it still comes out way ahead.

·
DIESELdog...
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
True. When you converted these injectors from OEM to Stage 1s you found several with broken springs, one with a stuck plunger, and almost all of them had some or all holes in the tip plugged up. Now, those were run for almost a year without heating the fuel, which is not the case now, but it does show that veggie oil can damage the injectors.

But like you said, who cares, sometimes, when this is something you want to do and you believe you are saving money along the way. Parts break, its a powerstroke :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts