Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one running or tested one im looking for a turbo and i read all the threads on the big two but cant find anything on the ats.i dont want to start a war just input thanks.

·
DI POWER
1,278 Posts
I one of the few guys that have one. I like it, spools up very fast, hell of a whistle. Cant say any bad about it. Oh yeah it DOSENT surge.

·
DI POWER
1,278 Posts
Ive got mini-me injectors so I can pin my 35lb gauge. got up to a 100mph and hit 1100 in my 120 setting. egts are very good. doing 75mph at 575egt.

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
Are we not just talking about a GTP38R here?

·
DI POWER
1,278 Posts
ATS BB Turbo, DI sold them for a period of time.

·
Caption This
4,259 Posts
Are we not just talking about a GTP38R here?
Yes, ATS took them to market first. A few months later Garrett started selling them with their name on them. The Compressor housings are not exactly the same but there is no performance difference.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Basicly the same turbo. Still a few of them around.

I think kaniers had one... Might PM him and ask if he liked it.

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
I have seen the video of yours surging and can't ever help but wonder what in the hell could be so different between two trucks that yours surged like that and mine can not be made to surge.

All I can figure is that my gate must have been a little looser, or my engine flowed a little better.

It has always kind of pissed me off how things like that can be so far different from one truck to another.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Yes, I agree! But I must be full of it, because mine didnt surge... Just ask everyone...

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
It's the curse of the ball bearing turbo. I have installed Garrett's Duramax turbo upgrade on 2 identical trucks, same intake and exhaust same tuning box from edge with same settings. The first Durmamx never surged and couldn;t be made to surge, the other Duramax surged at 12-17 lbs no matter what fuel was being delivered. It's almost as if it is an engineering defect or some other arbitrary abnormality.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts