Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
<- My lucky set of PMR's
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put a few miles on my A5000 now and I am pretty happy with it. I haven't gotten around to checking backpressure on it yet but it is very easy to drive on the street, only problem now is that if I go much over half throttle the filter minder gauge on my afeII pg7 gets sucked all the way in:evil, I will have to address that soon.
Here are some pics:
next to the QSSB

Kind of a tight fit in the OBS. I had to do a minor amount of firewall massaging to get the compressor housing to fit.

Enjoy.

·
<- My lucky set of PMR's
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure what they may have changed but I would definitely not call mine laggy.:confused:
What size injectors were you running at the time? I am using 250's with fuel pulled out of the tuning until it gets live tuned.

·
Registered
964 Posts
How does it spool compared to the QSSB? The QSSB looks like it would fit inside it, and the QSSB looks big compared to the stocker!

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
I'm not sure what they may have changed but I would definitely not call mine laggy.:confused:
What size injectors were you running at the time? I am using 250's with fuel pulled out of the tuning until it gets live tuned.

The "fuel pulled" part explains why it isn't laggy. Make sure you don't flood it with fuel down low and they will all light off rather well.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Is that just an overpriced S400 or is there something special to it?

it's not an S400, its a K31 cartridge with a 2.8 Billet comp wheel and larger exhaust wheel, and a 1.00 A/R housing, S400 is a 3.0 with a cast wheel.

·
Registered
220 Posts
There are many sizes of an S400, not just a 3.0.
yeah, but primarily if you buy an off the shelf s400 vs and off the shelf k31 or Aurora 5000, you would be getting a 3.0. k31 and Aurora 5000's are *generally* gonna be a 2.8 unless you bushing it down, or change housings ect. thats all I'm saying.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
I thought that the 5000 was ATS' version of a K31. Kinda like the WOP KASB.
Yes sir, I believe you are correct.

Dave

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
That things a beast..... I hope I oneday have the fuel to be able to spool one of those.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
That things a beast..... I hope I oneday have the fuel to be able to spool one of those.
You've got the fuel to spool it now, I drove my S465 around on stock AA's no problem. All a bigger injector will get you is more power and boost up top.

Dave

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
I'm not needing one right now I am totally content with my 38R. I will wait and do it all at once. That means Swamps will be getting a phone call and CR PSD parts will be added. Keepin it a PSD

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
Does a standard K31 have a billet comp wheel?

FWIW, I seen Carl's A5000(was Buntings at the time) sitting right next to one of Pius's KASB's at BTS, 4 years ago? You couldn't tell the difference. Nate actually made the comment, and I agreed.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts