Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im thinking on getting a new turbo for my truck. I've been looking at the ATS Aurora 3000. I'm wondering if anyone can give me some insight on it or if anyone has heard any horror stories about it? If I do end up replacing the turbo is there anything else i should change out so it matches up with an after market turbo? The thing i like about the Aurora kit is that it comes with all the parts i need to replace the turbo. Any info would greatly be appreciated.

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
There are much better options than ATS. Check out some of the vendors on here. Diesel Innovations, Gearhead Automotive

·
Registered
403 Posts
Check around first. Ats seems overpriced and a vendor on here could set you up quite nicely.

·
Registered
561 Posts
From my and a lot of people I've met's experiences.... ATS will not easily honor a warranty or treat you like a human being if something goes wrong. Either you trashed it and there's no way its their fault or they've "never seen that before, it must be someone elses!" (with ATS all over it and it being painted in Purple Palace colors)

Diesel Innovations, Diesel Site, Beans Diesel Performance, Swamps, Wide Open Performance.... Take your pick.
A GTP38R is a great turbo, so is the Hypermax H2E.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The truck I have is a late model '99 F350 crew cab dually. It only has 132,000 miles on it. The turbo is still fine, Im just looking into what would be a good swap out for it. I already have a AFE intake, EDGE programmer and exhaust on the truck now. I dont plan on doing to much more to it so im not sure what turbo to look for. I dont want to have to change out to much more stuff. Right now i use the truck for work, i pull a goose neck trailer sometimes for work and a dump trailer. Im just looking for something with a little more hp and maybe something without as much lag as a stock turbo.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
The truck I have is a late model '99 F350 crew cab dually. It only has 132,000 miles on it. The turbo is still fine, Im just looking into what would be a good swap out for it. I already have a AFE intake, EDGE programmer and exhaust on the truck now. I dont plan on doing to much more to it so im not sure what turbo to look for. I dont want to have to change out to much more stuff. Right now i use the truck for work, i pull a goose neck trailer sometimes for work and a dump trailer. Im just looking for something with a little more hp and maybe something without as much lag as a stock turbo.
go with 38r and get a ts chip or a f5

·
Registered
403 Posts
Get rid of that edge quick and run a custom tuned chip first. Those canned chips destroy.

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Beans' d66 turbo is a direct bolt in and a very nice turbo from what i've heard. It'd be the simplest thing to do if that's what you're going for.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
go with 38r and get a ts chip or a f5
:whs: Also if your pullin goosenecks with an Edge it will kill your tranny.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Beans' d66 turbo is a direct bolt in and a very nice turbo from what i've heard. It'd be the simplest thing to do if that's what you're going for.
he said that he has a late 99, which means a 38r will drop in, a d66 from beans is directed for the early 99s

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
38r is a great option but you will see more gains and be happier with it if you get custom tunes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the input fellas...much appreciated!!!! I will also look into getting rid of my EDGE and get something different. One more quick question if i do put a turbo in what injectors do you guys recommend?

·
brandon
778 Posts
i test drove an 05 tonight with 59,xxx but i told the lady i did not want it cause he had been pulling a gooseneck and it had an edge in it. :doh:

·
Dairy Mechanic
2,198 Posts
The 05 had the 6.0 in it right? Totally different engine than the 7.3.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts