Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started using the torque app the other day and was watching my hpop pressure. Couple days ago The highest reading I saw was 2618psi under wot and 2450-2550 at cruising speeds. After all the hard wot driving playing with torque I sprang a leak at the hpop (valley soaked) and looks like I've lost around 100psi at wot and cruising speeds.. Are these pressures ok? Or weak? Hpop Looks original and I don't wanna wast my time pulling it and resealing a worn pump.. I don't plain on any aftermarket injectors anytime soon just a hydra chip in the near further.. Thanks

Tyler

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
What he said...
if your at say 10 percent duty and only at 1800 psi that may be all the running is calling for.
So basically your pump is walking.
My pump was running at over 70% and only hitting 2000
so my pump was at a full run and only doing that.

Add the t500 hoop and my pump went to 30% and 2600..
I have stock and and stock turbo both vintage early 99.

As a user there are no seals to be rebuilt and gains made.
there are some mid oil hpop upgrades..ie
t500 , the adrenaline and the hb Jr. Or a tested solid oem pump.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok.. I will get some more duty cycles readings but looking back at my last test I have @ wot. Thanks

Hpop 2514.8
Ipr 35.6
Injpw 3136
Boost 15.6
Ebp 38.6 psi

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok cool.. I'll pull it out clean it and replace seals and use it for a bit longer.
Thanks

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
What seals are you looking at replacing.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's has a nice leak somewhere.. I plan on replacing all the fitting and hose orings, mounting gasket and put in a serviceable plug.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone have any info on the high flow hpop fittings sold by dieselorings.com? Any benifit on a stock pump? Thanks

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
The fittings you are talking about are not for stock pumps ..they can not hold the check valves.
I put them on my t500. Actually I only got one on becausethe quick release on my passenger side hpop line is destroyed...it ate two tools and spit the locking teeth out. Though you could drill out your oem fittings just the same. They are not drilled out as much as I expected, so there may be some sience to that.

you still will be limited by the iside diameter of the hoop hose as well.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts