Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the problem im haveing is a lil rough idle, then as i slowly roll into the throttle is starts missing. once i get on the highway the trruck starts bucking really bad to the point i cant read a text. thats at over 60 mph. if i stay under 60 the truck stays somewhat smooth but u can feel a miss. if i turn the od off it clear up a lil bit also. i can b on a side street it does it under 60mph. its starts fine no white smoke. if i nail it from a light it runs fine but not to what it used but no miss. i took it to a local shop they were at a loss. said it could possibly b the egr. never heard of the egr makeing this much problem or the od changeing how it runs.

i have replaced the number 6 injector a year and a half ago everything was fine. as winter came around this started and its getting worse. all help is greatly apperciated.

btw its on 03 w 4 catback and sct tunes are from dj's had the looney tune on it but its on street tune now

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Three words. Scanner, scanner, scanner. It's a must have. Best 400 bucks I spent on my truck. Hard to diagnose a problem when you can't see what everything is doing.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The shop I took it to had it for 2 days an ran scanners on it. I put it on an Ida and it came up w nothing so idk.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Try some Rev-X. My guess is a sticky injectors, your symptoms sound exactly like what mine was doing and a bunch of other trucks. Rev-X literally made that all stop.

·
Harry Callahan
991 Posts
You be havin some sticky injectors bro, if dem rev-x don't help, den you is gonna be breakin out de wallet yeah.

I

·
0 Posts
the problem im haveing is a lil rough idle, then as i slowly roll into the throttle is starts missing. once i get on the highway the trruck starts bucking really bad to the point i cant read a text. thats at over 60 mph. if i stay under 60 the truck stays somewhat smooth but u can feel a miss. if i turn the od off it clear up a lil bit also. i can b on a side street it does it under 60mph. its starts fine no white smoke. if i nail it from a light it runs fine but not to what it used but no miss. i took it to a local shop they were at a loss. said it could possibly b the egr. never heard of the egr makeing this much problem or the od changeing how it runs.

i have replaced the number 6 injector a year and a half ago everything was fine. as winter came around this started and its getting worse. all help is greatly apperciated.

btw its on 03 w 4 catback and sct tunes are from dj's had the looney tune on it but its on street tune now
Yup, sounds like an injector related problem. Maybe your truck is trying to tell you that you shouldn't be texting while driving.. :poke:

·
Word
608 Posts
You have the good ole INJECTOR STICKTION problem....this is what happens when the oil passages in your injectors get coked up and don't allow proper oil PSI to flow through the injector causing it to misfire...you won't get a code for this due to the electronic part of the injector is working fine, this is a mechanical failure of the injector....it's very hard to pinpoint which injector it is, possible cylinder contribution test or injector cut out test will help pinpoint it, but not likely...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys. where locally can i find rev-x? do i need to change the oiil then put that in just to b sure everthing is good and fresh?

·
Word
608 Posts
You can order it from Innovative Diesel...yes change your oil and put the additive in with the new oil....

·
Registered
504 Posts
Cant say I agree with the injector sticking. Yes i'm sure its very possible, but it sounds more like when my ICP sensor went out. Seems like injectors sticking are usually a constant miss and loss of power, mine would surge at stop signs and have random power spurts.

I vote ICP sensor or funky HPOP.

Its easy to replace, not very cheap though. If you return it to stock does it still buck really bad?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts