Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found ARP head studs in stock. I have been looking around for a while and have found that hardly anyone even mentions it and the one I did find said you could only pre order but Riffraff diesel has them in stock. Just placed my order with him hope to have them early next week so excited! Also ordered Elite EGR block off plates, Elite Modded HPFP, and Elite ported fuel rails through Riffraff diesel.

·
Diesel Addict
1,565 Posts
no low pressure fuel system? :poke:

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Working on an Air dog.

·
Diesel Addict
1,565 Posts
good plan

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can do them both ways but I am going to pull the cab and do it cause I got other stuff to do when I am in there.

·
Registered
193 Posts
arp torque
step 1-110ft lbs
step 2- 220 fot lbs
final torque 325 ft lbs.
I had to borrow a 3/4 drive torque wrench for the final pull.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
325 damn. well atleast ya no the heads shouldnt blow off. thats big truck motor head torque. wat a bitch.

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How much are the Elite studs?

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
yeah i think the final sequence is 195 or something 325 seams high but thats probably whats required to get the correct stretch out of the studs, they are made out of different materials so they are gunna be different. Im really suprised none of them are torque turn

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i think the final sequence is 195 or something 325 seams high but thats probably whats required to get the correct stretch out of the studs, they are made out of different materials so they are gunna be different. Im really suprised none of them are torque turn
Ya you would think cause thats how the stock blots are.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Ya you would think cause thats how the stock blots are.
usually torque turn are one time use only though, because they have calculated the stretch in the bolt and they are no good after that. (torque to yeild) ARP has prob done the the math of what is needed to get a good stretch but never far enough to ruin them.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts