Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an installer to install my ARP head studs, gaskets and check the planing of the heads. Dealer wants $3,500 and I believe Hallas wants about $2,600.

Just looking to see if someone knows if there is a better deal out there. Obviously looking for a reputable installer.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Wondering what if
828 Posts
I don't know of a better deal, but from what I've heard, I'd definately trust Mike Hallas to do it. I talked with a guy from Diesel Equipment in Potterville about doing it last year, including an egr delete it was going to be $2500-2600. However the guy hadn't done a 6.0l before but had heard he needed to lift the cab. I'm sure there are others out there, but I believe Mike has a good reputation.

·
BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
1,059 Posts
More in Mid MI, But I know Diesel Eq. sales & service in Potterville MI, near Lansing Mi. has done a ton of these, a couple a week!! Call Erik. 517-645-0013

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
I am looking for an installer to install my ARP head studs, gaskets and check the planing of the heads. Dealer wants $3,500 and I believe Hallas wants about $2,600.

Just looking to see if someone knows if there is a better deal out there. Obviously looking for a reputable installer.

Thanks,
Bob
Theres also Mikes Diesel performance down in Chelsea. Great guy to deal with and does great work.

Hallas would also get my vote, two mikes that are very friendly and very helpful.

·
Wondering what if
828 Posts
More in Mid MI, But I know Diesel Eq. sales & service in Potterville MI, near Lansing Mi. has done a ton of these, a couple a week!! Call Erik. 517-645-0013
That's who I mentioned also, so since I spoke to them last year, they must have started doing the 6.0l.

Theres also Mikes Diesel performance down in Chelsea. Great guy to deal with and does great work.

Hallas would also get my vote, two mikes that are very friendly and very helpful.
Mike, aka sick97psd, aka Mike's Diesel Performance, would probably handle it on the weekend, which means possibly having your truck during the week for run arounds.

·
Banned
459 Posts
ive taken a few trucks to diesel eq in pottervill and want overly happy there work seemed ok but what they quoted me endid up being about 1500 less than it cost me. i vote for mikes diesel performance. mikes a good dude and will treat u right.

·
<---new toy
856 Posts
If it makes you feel any better. My 09 is having the entire fuel system replaced and asked them to change the studs while they are there. with me giving them the studs, they still want 1100 to put them in.

·
Registered
427 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Ok I will look into it, thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the responses everyone, I will have to start making some phone calls tomorrow and set up a time to get it done. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
111 Posts
That's who I mentioned also, so since I spoke to them last year, they must have started doing the 6.0l.

Mike, aka sick97psd, aka Mike's Diesel Performance, would probably handle it on the weekend, which means possibly having your truck during the week for run arounds.

actually yes, ive been there too and seen a few cabs sitting in the air lately (including the owners truck) to get studs and egr delete kit.

i think its called legendary performance in kzoo does really good work too.

·
BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
1,059 Posts
actually yes, ive been there too and seen a few cabs sitting in the air lately (including the owners truck) to get studs and egr delete kit.

i think its called legendary performance in kzoo does really good work too.

Matt what the heck are you doing on PSN??? gonna do a PS swap into your Dodge haha

·
Registered
111 Posts
yeah, im sick of having power and milage without breaking down :poke: (as for the rest of the truck, keep the pumpkin trailer ready when the wheel bearings go lmao!) nah, im still a ford fan, but i like the cummins, one day were guna have a week of combining the two!

·
BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
1,059 Posts
haha yea I tried last week but guy wanted way to much IMO, a 99 with 300k on a MI truck, no thanks lol Come check out my new CC LB its clean!! Im getting a SC LB tomorrow morning. I couldnt decide which one I wanted so Im gonna buy em both, dan & I are going in the morning if you want to ride with?? Flint area. Text me

·
Registered
596 Posts
DC smoke in St.Clair or mikes diesel in lapeer i believe then theres hallas performance in romeo any of them would be good choices in my opinion.

derail: We should put together some sort of list for us michigan boys with shops all over the state. what do you guys think?

derail over
:psn:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts