Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one had a clearance issue with ARP Head Studs tio the Injectore????

I put studs in the block, Sat Gaskets and Headso then tightened the Studs.
Installed molly lube, Washers and nuts.
Torqued them down and went to install the Injectors and the hold down on the Injector is hitting the Stud............

I am thinking of machining down the Block end...
I need like 4 threads to disapear.
They are Tight in the block, so they wolnt go in amy more.

Anyone had this problem???

Oh it is a 96 PSD.

please let me know
Thanks
John

·
Registered
871 Posts
My studs came with 8 studs shorter than the rest. The shorter ones should go to the injector holes. And I wouldn't bottom out the stud. I put mine in finger tight all the way then backed them out a half turn.

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
Yep. There are 8 shorter studs with the arp's. They go under the injectors. Did you use a thread cleaner/chaser?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
My studs came with 8 studs shorter than the rest. The shorter ones should go to the injector holes. And I wouldn't bottom out the stud. I put mine in finger tight all the way then backed them out a half turn.
I wondered this as well. If the stud is bottomed out what happens when it thermally expands.......can it pull the threads or even worse crack the block? I know that is very important in socket weld applications to leave space.

Sorry for the hijack.

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
I wondered this as well. If the stud is bottomed out what happens when it thermally expands.......can it pull the threads or even worse crack the block? I know that is very important in socket weld applications to leave space.

Sorry for the hijack.
The thermal expansion won't effect the studs. The H11's or ARP's need to be installed finger tight using a 5 or 6mm hex key (don't remember, it's been awhile).

It is very important that the threads are clean and the holes are clear of moisture/dirt/trash/whatever.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Installed 2 sets so far,
No clearance issues when we put my ARP's in, the last set were H11's and a bit of an issue with the short ones under the inj. hold down. we ended up losining both hold down bolts to get the the Inj. hold down back & seated.no clearance issues after.

IIRC they nedd to be more than finger tight 10 ft/lbs comes to mind.

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
I last set of A1 H11's I had were all the same length...

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
T H A N K Y O U ! ! :bowfast::bowfast::bowfast:

That is what is was.....
:bowfast::bowfast::bowfast:
I found the 8 shorter ones and installed them above the Injectors..

Thanks
John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts