Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 psd with all the bolt on with the dp tunder. I do 80% of my driving around town and stop and go. Ive been using the 80 eco but think it shifts too early and I like the off the line power of the 120 and 140 setting better. Will it hurt my motor or mpg driving around in the 120 or 140 setting?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I drive in the race tune all day... I don't see why it would damage anything, but you probably won't get quite the same mileage.

·
Registered
360 Posts
The 80E is the worst when it comes to early shifting for around town driving specifically between 40 and 50 mph. If you have the F6, he can email a replacement 80E with modified shift points. I'm in the process now of moving the shift points in the 80E to make it more "around town" friendly.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, its an older dp. So should I run the 120 or 140? Where should I use the 80E on the highway?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'd probably stick with the 120 if those were my only choices.

I'd also call Jody to see what he recommends. He might say send it back for a reflash using the tune he and I have been testing for the last month. It shifts to OD at 47-48mph and it automatically and smoothly downshifts to D by unlocking the TC around the low 40s so you don't lug around town. I call it my 80DD (daily driver).

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I drive in the race tune all day... I don't see why it would damage anything, but you probably won't get quite the same mileage.
LOL you're just diggin on those tunes aren't ya.....:D

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
LOL you're just diggin on those tunes aren't ya.....:D
Oh yeah... the thought of driving for mileage went out the window LOL

·
Registered
324 Posts
My 80 E file shifts into OD at 60mph and it sucks, I would love to have my old split tunes back for the econo shift points and mileage. FYI all my Tunes shift into OD at 60 MPH and I drive in the 140 tune 100% currently cause its the best.

·
Registered
975 Posts
i use my race tune all day everyday... unless the engine's still cold, then i use my daily driving tune which is by far the smoothest running tune of all of them

·
Registered
964 Posts
I had Jody raise my shift points and make the downshifts more aggressive. It works 100% better for me.

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
I hit the upshift button when I want an upshift, and hit the downshift button when I want a downshift.

It's like it knows what I'm thinking, cause whenever I'm wanting either, it just happens.

It's like magic.

·
Registered
360 Posts
oh no, not the PCS controller again....

·
Registered
975 Posts
I hit the upshift button when I want an upshift, and hit the downshift button when I want a downshift.

It's like it knows what I'm thinking, cause whenever I'm wanting either, it just happens.

It's like magic.
i've been wanting to manually control my trans for awhile now, which one are you using?

·
psychoSOCIAL!!
950 Posts
LOL:doh: charles you da man....

·
Registered
975 Posts
Banks Trans-command
:doh:
seriously though... the banks one doesn't let you control when it shifts up and down, or at least the site doesn't say anything about that feature
so what do you really use? no need to be immature (too late) and bring this crap into other threads

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is it safe to use the 120 or 140 when the engine is still cold?

·
psychoSOCIAL!!
950 Posts
i have the 120 but i dont rage on it till its warm, it would prolly be better to start in stock or tow though? just my .02

1 - 20 of 30 Posts