Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
IMHO Wheel spacers are not technically safe on anything,,, but Opinions are like you know what,,,,,

Why do you want them? Do you have a set of wheels that fit something else? Too deep of an offset, what? I'd say buy wheels that fit,, and be done with it.... Even those guys running the 10 lug semi wheels on their trucks are taking a chance to me...

·
Administrator
32,998 Posts

·
1st murdered 2011 psd
1,387 Posts
imo... if your just driving it i wouldnt worry about it.... if your going to be towing much i wouldnt chance it though... thats the only reason i wont run them on mine i tow all the time

·
Registered
756 Posts
perfectly safe as long as you get a quality product

·
Registered
293 Posts
I want to run 285's on my dually but my tire dealer said the sidewall would touch a little.
I wonder if just a 1/4" spacer would be enough to clear?

·
Administrator
32,998 Posts
they just did an article with dually rears and the tires needed 2 inch spacer between the rears (big tires)and BIG O did the install and spacers ,, it actually left more room than I like

as in it could grab a boulder between the two ,,, a 1/4 inch pacer would be fine IMHO

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Duh,, yes, having owned a dually before, I know they have that "Adapter" on the front. It's factory and I know it's not what he meant. If you use longer studs, to allow for a spacer then it's more pressure on the hubs, etc. (Probably why duallys go through hubs like they do.. I know I replaced both mine at less than 100,000 miles.) I'll just say, AFTERMARKET spacers are not on my list of desirable options... buy the wheel that will let you run the size tire you want, and go from there.

·
Registered
293 Posts
they just did an article with dually rears and the tires needed 2 inch spacer between the rears (big tires)and BIG O did the install and spacers ,, it actually left more room than I like

as in it could grab a boulder between the two ,,, a 1/4 inch pacer would be fine IMHO
Thanks...I don't want a 2" spacer due to it making the tires stick out.
I may just go with 265's but rather have 285's.

·
Administrator
32,998 Posts
I want to run 285's on my dually but my tire dealer said the sidewall would touch a little.
I wonder if just a 1/4" spacer would be enough to clear?
IDK? but the one in the article used a 2" and it looked like it was about 1 1/2
gap when they were done ?

way too much spacer as long as the tires aren't touching I always thought you were fine
I wonder if they would test fit?

as far as the longer stud comment the spacer I linked to doesen't use longer studs you would have to open the link
it also the same as the one they used in the article I just read and seems to be accepted as a decent unit among the rock crawler and diesel crowd

1 - 12 of 12 Posts