Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just made the switch from the stock goodyear ats to the 35x12.50r20 Toyo Mts and I noticed it was a little louder but that was with the radio off and at 70 MPH. Shoot they passed the "woman test" they don't even notice them

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,057 Posts
I've got 35in toyo mt's and I think they are pretty quiet. You can hear them but they are not very noticeable at all . They are quieter then Parnelli jiones,cooper stt's,and about the same as the km 1's. I think they are quieter then my wifes MT atz's also.

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,057 Posts
not loud at all for an mt tire,I know it's your truck your money buy why a mt tire for a street tire?
there's also the Toyo's at's you could look into...
See to me i consider them closer to a AT then a MT. They are kind of an in between tire. They are an aggressive all terrain in my book. I wouldn't want to try going thru much mud with them but they are aggressive enough to get me thru some situations if I had to. Can't beet there road manners either. Nicer then some AT's I've ran. I see why they are so popular.

·
Registered
190 Posts
you guys are all liars!!!!! lol

I just went from BFG A/T's to temporarily running BFG M/T's to toyo open country muds

They are quieter than the bfg m/ts but not by much, windows down at 65-70 is pretty loud and even with windows up its a little more difficult to have a conversation but its alright.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I got 56,000 out of a set of 37x13.50r17 `s. They started out really quiet , and as they wore down a little the got noisier , byt not really bad at all. I now have 30,000 on some 38x15.50r18 MT claws, they started out pretty quiet and after about 10,000 miles that got loud and have stayed pretty loud. I think I still ahve at least 40% tread left on them , but I have a super loud stereo , so tire noise doesn`t bother me. Get the toyo mt you`lllove them!! When I bought my 37" back in the feb., of 04 the cost me $250.00 a tire W/ mounting and balancing from tire barn. Wat more $ now.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Very quiet for a mud terrain. They handle better than any other BIG tire I have ever had. I now have mickey mtz, & I love them. They get awesome mileage, but they are a little louder & dont handle quit as good as the toyo. They will run all over the toyo in the mud & snow. Its all in what you need & like.

·
PSN Noob
40 Posts
I've got 37's and they're really not much noisier than stock tires. I was pleasantly surprised. I get much more noise from the straightpipe. :evil

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.