Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out if my new cab roof lights are illegal or not. We just moved to an area where the police are known for being complete azzholes and will get you for anything and everything they can. And of course this whole weekend they are running DUI traps and pulling people over for every and anything they can to check for drunk drivers. I've been afraid to go anywhere since last night and stayed home again tonight for this reason. Of course the tinted front windows and stuff hanging from the rear view mirror is illegal and they just passed the new law that stacks are illegal unless wrapped with the special heat wrap, but those are all secondaries. The LEDs under the covers are white but because the covers are smoked and not clear it gives them a bluish tint even though without the covers they are pure white. So is it illegal in Pennsylvania? They don't strobe or flash or anything else just on. I'm trying to find pure clear covers but haven't been successful so far.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,396 Posts
Based upon your statements and the pic I would say get ready to get pulled over. Otherwise get smart with the PA code under vehicle/DOT sections. If you can't afford the time in court or the tickets new amber bulbs are much cheaper.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still have the amber bulbs. I think I just need new covers. For some reason the smoked covers turn it blue. Take them off and the lights are pure white. So ill try that. The blue/ white roof lights are a secondary as well so they'd have to get me for a moving violation to be able to ticket me for any of the other things.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No idea. They came on the truck and I don't think there's a name on them but I haven't looked specifically just haven't noticed a name.

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Only amber and clear on the front and red in the rear in p.a. anything else is illegal unless your rear signals are amber from the factory. These cops are pricks and I cant believe they have a stack law now. Time to move out of this state its rediculous here anymore. If you have offroad lights (kc or anything) have covers on all of them and if your higher then 30 inches or your wheels stick out past the factory side of the body (not flares the actual side of the body) good luck at getting inspected.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright well headlights are white my foglights are xenon so my roof lights are gonna be white too. Ohwell. Yea the stack law is pretty ridiculous too. Passed that one spring/early summer but its secondary so you have to get pulled over for a moving violation first.

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Dont worry its just a matter of time before they start pulling over for just having stacks and stopping inspections for them. I believe that if the stacks on pick ups have to be wrapped then all exhaust on every vehicle should have to be wrapped wherever anyone could touch them from outside the vehicle. Hell theres alot more of a chance of a kid grabbing a stock tailpipe on any vehicle thats by the ground then getting to stacks thats in the bed of a truck getting grabbed or touched by a kid or adult. This states so stupid with the crap they come up with. It aggrivates me and I dont even have stacks.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You have a valid point. If/when I get my new bed I'm switching to and under the bed exhaust system. But right now I see no point in having a hole there with nothing coming through it.

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Since stacks were on my things to do list because I like the sound now ill just get my aussies and run them tucked up under the body with the tips facing down and slanted towards the outside a little just so you can see about 2 inches of the ends.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There's an idea to do with mine. That's the type of stacks that I have. Maybe ill hav to do that when I get the new bed.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
And I though Ohio's rules were ####ty....

Sent from my DROID RAZR

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
A stack rule really? I thought pa was a cool state till live in for the longest time but man this state is getting ridiculous.

Personally I don't see why it matters if I have a stack in my truck it just as likely to be touched by someone as a regular exhaust.
Whatever happened to common sense and good parenting. They traded that in for rules and signs if we didn't have signs everywhere what would ppl do?

Does California have a stack law? If not then it needs appealed.

Here's what's next
Sir you can not modify any vehicle on the streets of America if you do so and we catch you your car will lose your car to the state but you can buy it back for a fee of half the cars value.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Seriously what is the world coming too? All these prissy laws that don't do anything worth while. Like I said since when is it illegal to be individuals?

If I wanna run around with Ruck Fules on my back window or windshield and have truck nuts on my hitch and huge dual 8 inch stacks and big mud tires isn't that my right as a quote "free" citizen

·
Registered
854 Posts
And I though Ohio's rules were ####ty....

Sent from my DROID RAZR
What Ohio rules suck, I have stacks, and forward facing blue lights and have never had any issue

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
I know its a rule everywhere, but friggin 50% is the lowest tint on front windows..

Sent from my DROID RAZR

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know its a rule everywhere, but friggin 50% is the lowest tint on front windows..

Sent from my DROID RAZR
I have 35 and it matches the factory on the rear. But now avert thing in back is going 5%

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Va is 35 front and 50 rear sides, and the back glass can be 0. I got a tiket in high school for the back side windows being 15%. I had just got the car the day before but they didnt care.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
In pa as long as you have side view mirrors you can paint all the back windows. I just got followed by police almost all the way home between the things I mentioned above he was looking for a reason to pull me over but couldn't find one.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts