Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
The guy referred me as running the trucks hard down the beach.. I hate the beach, sand gets everywhere....

I do in fact love the 6.0. It makes me alot of money. To me they are easy to work on also. I know them better than the small block chevy in my Camaro

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 6.0 is the biggest pile of garbage ford ever produced. If it can go wrong, it has. hell the 4x4 quit on me in the snow tonight and I barely made it to the house

·
Monkeys have armpits!
1,681 Posts
no matter how much you spend, you cant really avoid rods through blocks or broken rocker arms... Unless they make some forged rocker arms that I do not know about, or better aftermarket stronger rods....

even if you knock out those, what about lifters? to change them engine has to come out anyway... and who makes aftermarket lifters?

all three of those engines were maintained and in completely stock from. MY theory is, you cant completely bulletproof a 6.0.. something is going to go wrong sometime somewhere, but thats with everything. 6.0's is just comes quicker and more $$$$
You can say that about every motor out there. My uncle had nothing but problems out of his 06 dodge cummins. I've got over 135,000 miles on my 05 6.0 and only had the head gaskets go, but i'm pretty sure it was my own doing with the adders i've done and me driving the piss out of it. LOL Other than that, i love my 6.0 and will drive it till it doesn't drive anymore. :D

·
East Coast
110 Posts
I have an 03 6.0L with 211,000 on it. I did head gaskets, studs, egr, oil cooler about 5,000 miles ago, but the truck did not need it.

Before doing all that work the only problem i was having is the truck ran like crap when it was cold. after it warmed up it ran perfect.

I really enjoy my 6.0L.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I love my 6.0. If it breaks, I will fix it and keep running.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
My 6.0 has been the best truck Ive ever owned

·
Registered
19 Posts
My 05 has been an awesome truck. I bought it with 30,000 miles. It's had a few little problems. FICM replaced under warranty and the bedplate was leaking when i bought it. Come to think of the damn thing is leaking again. BTW i've got 90k now. Just curious, I bought mine in 07 or 08 (can't remember) and gave 23k for it. I've seen trucks like mine with 90k+ going for more than I paid for mine. Does it have to do with people not wanting emissions stuff?

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
the demand for the PRE-DPF/SCR trucks is going up.. way up... people are loading the money into the 7.3 and 6.0 to keep them on the road... Why upgrade to a emissions pig that will cost you double in everything...

·
Registered
19 Posts
True. When i have the money the egr crap is coming off of my 6.0. Although i've never had any problems with it, i'm sure it's gonna give me trouble soon. I'd like a 6.7 but the urea just doesn't seem right. I always thought urea was fertilizer...

·
Registered
18 Posts
2005 6.0. Only problem was a FICM replaced under warranty. I do plan on studs and egr delete as I do run a sct tuner with ID extreme street tune as dd

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Just a little side note. I checked the blue book on my truck last night, and it came to $31,500, private sell. Not bad considering I paid 28k for it at a dealership at the beginning of this year!

Nobody wants the smog stuff...

·
Registered
667 Posts
Just a little side note. I checked the blue book on my truck last night, and it came to $31,500, private sell. Not bad considering I paid 28k for it at a dealership at the beginning of this year!

Nobody wants the smog stuff...
in jersey i bet you wouldnt get 18k for that truck. I ahve an 06 extended cab lariat with 95k and every option and was offered 15k

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Im still kicking myself in the ass for not taking the deal I was offered in trade on a new 6.7:doh:

·
Bowhunting Freak!
386 Posts
Mine was the same way. Guy had 30 grand worth of gambling debt and sold it to my buddy who is a private car dealer. I got the truck for 15gs flat. Kbb is still over 20 on it. Deals are out there just gotta look for em.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My 2007 F250 just turned 4 years old last month and I still love it. It has 60,450 miles on it and I have had it since new with 13 miles on it. Only thing I have had to replace is the starter (under warranty) because the bendix gear blew up.

I learned from my 04 and 05 Superdutys, stay stock stay happy

Edit: Just thought of something, When looking at an 05-07 6.0 take a look at the hour meter in the dash and divide it by the miles. That will give you the average miles per hour on that truck. If its low then you know it has had a lot of idle and/or city traffic driving.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts