Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as it states, will 6.0 FICM work an all years or do they have to work with the same year motor they came off of? For Example, will an 06 work on an 03. Thanks in advance.

Tyler

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By Programmed you mean tuned by say Eric or PHP?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I was just about to post this same ? I think what he wants to know and what I want to know what years will they directly interchange or at all? 05-07s 05 to 05 only etc.

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
Yes sir. Or by Ford.

FICM's are a weird animal. Some new ones run right out of the box and others have to be programmed to the truck by Ford. PHP and IDP tuned FICM's work without involving Ford somehow. I had a PHP tuned FICM and it worked when it was installed. Not sure how they do that....FICM magic maybe?

FICM's are interchangable from 03-07, but the earlier versions were of the 4 screw type. The later versions used a 7 screw variant and Ford is fixing these with a "half-shell" instead of replacing the entire FICM. The 4 screw versions have to be completely replaced.

But if the FICM is good, an 03 will work for an 07 if its programmed and a 07 will work with a 03.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL FICM magic thats a good one. Thanks for the info Snake!

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
Any time. FWIW, I have a 05, put a PHP tuned 03 on it (loved it), then that one died (it was purchased used) and I just recently put a brand new "remanufactured" one on from Ford. The reman didn't have to get programmed so my strategy didn't change.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, i got one for sale, and a guy thats interested in it has an 05, my extra one came off an 06. So he asked me about it working and what not. So dince i didnt know, figured id ask here lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts