Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
changed my oil yesterday... Rotella T-6 and added AR9100.... day 1, drove about 20 miles. start up was the same, the "miss" was noticibly less, the hesitation was still there, but alot less noticable. overall the truck runs alot better than it did yesterday...now I am sure once it gets a couple of miles on it with the AR9100 and T-6 in it, it will be fine. I will post more once I get to drive it a few miles, but as of now I am very pleased with the AR9100 and T-6 performance.

i also added some of the AR6200 fuel additive as well, but it was prior to changeing the oil.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i also added the 9100 at the last oil change. used valvoline 5w 40 full syn. i have about 500 miles on this additive now and the cold starts are much better now. my son went out yesterday morning,(17 degrees, truck not plugged in) started it and said whatever that stuff is , it works. 2006 f250 with 60,144 miles, no other engine mods just a cts for monitoring purposes.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was 27 degrees this morning when I started mine.... my mods are in my signature.

·
Lubrication Addict!!
430 Posts
Just received my AR6100 from FedEx... I will add 2oz when I fuel up tomorrow... I will post back if anything Magical Happens...

One thing I noticed as I took a brief look into AR9100 it seems to be only a Friction Modifier... It has little if any Cleaning Additives... Only a Virgin Oil Sample will tell... but they don't advertise any as such... Which REV-X shows at least 1641ppm of Calcium... which might me a bit more depending on the accuracy of the Virgin Sample... I think the Base Carrier Oil has a strong cleaning agent as well...

I just don't want owners to think the AR9100 is a replacement for REV-X...

I'm sure more owners will bring more positive results to the table for AR9100...

·
Lubrication Addict!!
430 Posts
I'm curious: To those that have purchased the AR9100---> Is the Viscosity of the additive Very Thick? Or some what like a 5W-40 or 15W-40?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes its very thick... if you buy the 32 oz bottle, it comes in a 16 oz concetrated form.....

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mine is still doing great..... the truck has sat this whole week, as I am on travel for work, so we will see how it does when I get back

1 - 7 of 7 Posts