Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
starting up the christmas list already. haha. wondering if theres an iphone app controlled remote start/total vehicle controller out on the market anywhere and has anyone used it. id love to just grab the phone 20 mins before i leave and hit the start button so shes warm when i get outside.

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
Viper and compusmart both have smartphone apps to start and do different things from your phone.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One better than the other? I know viper stuff is touchy sometimes. Never heard of the other company before.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I have an older compustar system in my truck that came with it when I bought it. It basically can do anything. Too old for the smart phone app though. Look them up. Autocompustar.com

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
67 Posts
Viper is about the best you can get. That is the only alarm/remote start i would use.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
compustar has some sort of app but it has a monthly charge with it which is kinda dumb. i want to buy something once and have it.ill look a little deeper into viper a guess and see what kind of reviews theyre putting out.

·
Registered
88 Posts
the drone service so you can start your truck anywhere is only 99 dollars for 3 years, really pretty damn cheap if you are that concerned about having a remote start.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I think it would be much wiser just to get a viper 5704 or similar model with 2way one mile paging. What if you lost or broke your phone hmmm? That would make for a fun day.

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
What if you lost or broke your phone hmmm? That would make for a fun day.
My son breaks his phone at least three times a year and when he gets a new iPhone they plug in the SIM card and he logs onto iCloud and his new iPhone is EXACTLY how it was when he last use his old iPhone.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
Not all phones use sim cards anymore.

But get the viper system and be happier
Well whatever the little thing is that looks like a computer chip that they put into the phones these days. My son just got a brand new iPhone and all his appointments, emails, contacts, apps, etc. are all there exactly how it was on his previous phone. I've seen several very low priced cell phone remote start systems that you can add onto the remote start that's already in your vehicle but I don't recall the yearly charge. That being said Viper is the best as far as I'm concerned also and since my remote start system is getting very weird now because I'll unlock my Ex remotely open the passenger door to help my wife inside, close her door and my truck locks all the doors, then I remote unlock them so my boys can climb in, close the door and my truck locks all the doors, so I have to remote unlock them again so I can get inside. LOL So that's getting very annoying so in the spring I'll get a Viper system, just wondering how hard it is to install it myself or should I get it install by a shop?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well whatever the little thing is that looks like a computer chip that they put into the phones these days. My son just got a brand new iPhone and all his appointments, emails, contacts, apps, etc. are all there exactly how it was on his previous phone. I've seen several very low priced cell phone remote start systems that you can add onto the remote start that's already in your vehicle but I don't recall the yearly charge. That being said Viper is the best as far as I'm concerned also and since my remote start system is getting very weird now because I'll unlock my Ex remotely open the passenger door to help my wife inside, close her door and my truck locks all the doors, then I remote unlock them so my boys can climb in, close the door and my truck locks all the doors, so I have to remote unlock them again so I can get inside. LOL So that's getting very annoying so in the spring I'll get a Viper system, just wondering how hard it is to install it myself or should I get it install by a shop?

I would spend the couple extra$$ and have it installed by someone who does this day in and day out. I can do a full custom audio installs and I still don't touch those, too many wires and too many thing to go wrong and leave you stranded. Most pros will charge between 2-300$ for a good install (soldering the wires and using shrink wrap compared to butt connectors and electrical tape) I would ask the guy installing it and ask his approach for the install .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts