Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Resident IDP Expert.
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just curious if anyone with a lifted 6.7 is using Bilstein 5160's. I'm coming close to pulling the trigger on a lift but wanted to know if anyone had personal experience with the ride, handling and valving. It's probably overkill (external reservoirs), but my job is in suspension industry so I have a tendency to gravitate towards going crazy on suspension.

thanks!

·
Resident IDP Expert.
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, sir.

I have a distributor/friend who is actually going to build me a 100% custom suspension based roughly on the Bilstein 5160's. It'll have custom dampening rates as well as bigger reservoirs. Can't wait to put them on the truck.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I have a set ordered. I had mine built so that they could be revalved.

I think they will be the best shock available, period.

·
Resident IDP Expert.
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my company works very closely with a company in Austria which is a licensed Bilstein fabrication/design/re-design center. We've been selling custom air ride setups for Volkswagen's/Audi's for four years now and they're hands down the best riding air struts.

[our shop jetta on based on bilstein b8 sprint struts]

The company in Austria is going to build me custom shocks based on the 5160's but with a different valving for less body roll and a more comfortable ride around town. I'll just need to find a set of springs that will pair nicely with the 5160's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts