Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are, and it's a Hurst roll-control line-lock, did the instructions in the kit properly tell you how to plumb the lines to our brake setup?

Stewart

·
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who needs a line lock on a diesel with some power LOL
Those of us with 2-wheel drive trucks.

Yeah, I know.... :pointlaugh: but I run whut I brung, and since I'm stuck with it, I was hoping someone here might have plumbed one in.

Stewart

·
10.61 @ 128 MPH
2,297 Posts
never installed one on a superduty.......but, you install line lock on the brake line between the master cylinder and the splitter (Y,T) for the front brakes. If you bought the cheap mechanical line lock you will have to do some major brake line re-plumbing because line lock will be required to be inside the cab. So when it is installed properly, you push the brake pedal to the floor and then push the line lock in. Now your front brakes are locked without having the pedal depressed.

·
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
never installed one on a superduty.......but, you install line lock on the brake line between the master cylinder and the splitter (Y,T) for the front brakes. If you bought the cheap mechanical line lock you will have to do some major brake line re-plumbing because line lock will be required to be inside the cab. So when it is installed properly, you push the brake pedal to the floor and then push the line lock in. Now your front brakes are locked without having the pedal depressed.
With our hydroboost systems, I wasn't sure if the Hurst roll control solenoid would have to be plumbed differently than like I did on my Lightning.

From your post I'm thinking that its the same.

Thanks.

Stewart

1 - 5 of 5 Posts