Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luber-finer Heavy Duty Filtration Products - Lube Filters

Anybody done the Zgard remote by pass filter yet? Toying with the idea of mounting one of these bad boys not sure where yet as they are 5.5" by 12" long hahaaa. As well as fleetguard venturi/stack plate (stock location). The notion is to have cleaner oil and maybe stretch out the changes runnin Delo 400 Dino 15-40

whaddya think?

jrc

·
USASF Retired
305 Posts
I just started using a LF-9691 in place of the factory spin-on filter so I didnt have to run the remote. The LF-9691 is a full flow/bypass filter spin-on in one unit.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just started using a LF-9691 in place of the factory spin-on filter so I didnt have to run the remote. The LF-9691 is a full flow/bypass filter spin-on in one unit.
I have a case (6) on order and was gonna run the LF-9691 and the Zgard too...I think the change interval for the Zgard is fairly long as it is designed (primarily) for OTH commercial rigs....seems I read greater then 50,000 miles?

jrc

·
USASF Retired
305 Posts
How you gonna plumb it in? Says it needs at least a 3/8"ID hose. I have a new filter head to install on my truck because the bypass was missing, maybe I should drill/tap a 1/2" hole int the side and plug it for now just in case I want to install the Z guard.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How you gonna plumb it in? Says it needs at least a 3/8"ID hose. I have a new filter head to install on my truck because the bypass was missing, maybe I should drill/tap a 1/2" hole int the side and plug it for now just in case I want to install the Z guard.
Thinking of taking if off the stock filter head iirc there is a port there just not sure what size it is maybe 1/8" NPT which might be a bit small...I do have to re-ring the oil cooler so might plumb a larger fitting...

jrc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts