Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with the new Beans stage 1s truck runs great. I tow 9000lbs in the mountains in high elevation. All out the truck tows great but can peg 1250 degrees easy when Im in 5th on moderate hill. I dont need high boost numbers, will a smaller housing help in the lower rpms to get better boost and lower the egts a little?

·
Registered
83 Posts
i think the smaller housing will cause higher not sure though

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Yes it should help.

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
Compared to the stock 1.15 the 1.0 housing has higher airflow at low and midrange RPMs reducing EGTs in the normal RPM operating range. It also increases throttle response (torque) at the low and mid range also without much of a loss of power on the top end either.

I've used the 1.0 with stage II injectors and made over 400hp. :D Swapping back to the stock 1.15 housing resulted in a noticable loss of low and midrange power both empty and towing a 10K# trailer. I do use an intercooler though.

·
Hardcore Redneck
221 Posts
wont the 1.0 housing w/ stage 1's cause premature turbo failure? I didnt think they where recommended for bigger injectors.

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
Well, as long as you don't grossly abuse your engine sled pulling, I guess. I had 80k miles on mine with about 90 dyno runs, 14.5 second 1/4 times and seeing 32 psi daily. As they say, results may vary. I used a stock muffler which may have created just enough backpressure to NOT overspeed the turbo. The rest of the exhaust system was completely modified and I used Stage II injectors.

·
Registered
448 Posts
stage ones are probably alright but at stage 2s you dont want a stock turbo anyway....stage ones with them is perfect though

·
Registered
32 Posts
I currently have been using and just lost turbo this weekend. I think too much back pressure is caused when towing at or above 70 mph as egt's climb easily and fast. Now it is time to upgrade turbo to D66 or something there abouts. I myself would not recommend as I do forsee you having a problem especially if you are running 4.10 gears like myself. I could back down to 65 mph and temperatures stay in check, but I don't like every Ford Fiesta in the country passing me when I am only pulling a slight grade.

·
Registered
635 Posts
according to beans and dp-tuner you will have no problem as long as you keep your foot out of it. keep you egts max 1200 and boost a little low and youe should be great

·
Registered
448 Posts
i remember when i inquired about this setup people said the truck is like a dang sporty little euro car but with gobs of torque and (with an intercooler and the right tune of course) is great for towing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts