Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Added a quart to my oil when I changed it yesterday, and put another quart in my tank. I noticed today on my commute to and from work how smooth quiet my truck was. I am really impressed. Anyone else tried this? Pros? Cons?

·
Power Junky
1,055 Posts
You do realize that the oil in these trucks is pressurised from 500psi to fire a injector to more than 4000 psi at wot right? When you start throwing stuff in there (imagine kramer from sienfeld) "all willie nil lie there jerry" it changes the properties of the oil. Under the pressures this type of motor endures it is very possible that it will foam. The air in the foam can and will take out a injector. Not in my truck. As a fuel additive marvelous mystery oil scores about the same as atf in lubrication... if I had a case of that stuff I'd give it away or pour it on the ground before I ever thought of putting it in my truck.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Have you guys seen the study that this stuff is BAAAAAAAAAAD in the fuel because it is a SOLVENT and reduces the lubricity of the fuel! And don't put it in your oil either. If you are flushing your system that is one thing but you can't get it all out of the oil which can break down the anti-foam additives and any foam is a bad thing in a HEUI system.

·
Power Junky
1,055 Posts
It may have sulfur in it. And contrary to the deaf persons belief sulfur is not what make low sulfur so great vs ulsd. The process used to remove sulfur from diesel also removed a lot of the lubrication. They call that a side effect. If you want a good additive for the fuel get 2 stroke oil it does a excelent job at lubrication. I don't reccomend using s oil additive due to exactly what I said in my earlier post.

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
Have you guys seen the study that this stuff is BAAAAAAAAAAD in the fuel because it is a SOLVENT and reduces the lubricity of the fuel! And don't put it in your oil either. If you are flushing your system that is one thing but you can't get it all out of the oil which can break down the anti-foam additives and any foam is a bad thing in a HEUI system.
Ouch :doh:

No more of that. I've been running it since i've had the truck on a regular basis.
I'll take your word for it but definately an interesting topic to look up. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Nothing but 2 cycle super tech from wal-mart goes in my gas tank other than fuel. 1oz to 1 gal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.