Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have what I thought was a compressor wheel off a 38R (66mm inducer). But the exducer measures 91mm (I thought it would be 88mm, but no cigar). It's a 12-blade wheel and kind of looks like the 38R's...

Anyone know what turbo this wheel is out of? :shrug:

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
not that I could help but posting a pic maybe of help.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a picture of the wheel sitting in the compressor housing.

I don't have any other shots of it. Just wondering if it's a variation of the 38R wheel, or if it's out of a completely different application.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Looks just like your typical OBS compressor wheel...

·
Caption This
4,258 Posts
I have what I thought was a compressor wheel off a 38R (66mm inducer). But the exducer measures 91mm (I thought it would be 88mm, but no cigar). It's a 12-blade wheel and kind of looks like the 38R's...

Anyone know what turbo this wheel is out of? :shrug:
It's probably from a ball buster, or one of the other 100 names that thing has been called, turbo.

·
Caption This
4,258 Posts
I thought the same, but they claim it to be an 88mm wheel too. But it looks a lot like the wheel on the BBW that I have.
I can remember some of the companies that sold it saying it would out flow a GTP38r because it had a 91mm compressor wheel.

·
HRT Performance
4,565 Posts
Doesn't some of the Gt40 turbos have something like a 66mm inducer and a 91mm exducer? I'm too lazy right now to confirm, but its a thought.

·
Caption This
4,258 Posts
Doesn't some of the Gt40 turbos have something like a 66mm inducer and a 91mm exducer? I'm too lazy right now to confirm, but its a thought.
Is a GT40 a reverse rotation turbo?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's probably from a ball buster, or one of the other 100 names that thing has been called, turbo.
I would believe that it's out of a Ballbuster, but the inducer diameter is 66mm. I thought the Ballbuster's was 61mm inducer/91mm exducer (T-61 wheel)?

Just trying to figure out what application the wheel I have is out of. My Garrett guy is out of town! LOL

Thanks for the replies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts