Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ROLLIN' BLACK!!!!!
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone running a wide open performance qssb (quick spool) turbo setup?? how do you like it?? power #'s, boost, egts, what all are you running??

thanks

·
Oordski
40 Posts
I am running the WOP QSSB in a 02 7.3...I have not ran it on a dyno yet but egts are very low. 35lbs of boost. So far I like it. I will know more in a month when I put my 37 foot fifth wheel behind it and tow toys to Winchester Bay.

·
<---F350 DRIFTER
516 Posts
I will be in the next few days!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've been useing the wop turbo for some time with taper core intercooler from hypermax and I have no egt problems when pulling my 32' toyhauler. My egt are at the high side of 1250 with all #2 and stage 3 injectors. The one thing I do have a problem with is on long hills the water temp climes, I figer that the cooler being before the radator must be causing the water temp to clime

·
Oordski
40 Posts
The temp problem is where my question comes in...would it be worth putting an electric fan in. Mine already kicks in and out and I am concerned about high temps.

·
Powerstroked
602 Posts
I have the qssb on my truck..

I love it.

Have seen 40-42psi on it. Ran a 14.36 @ 94mph, with 37PSI of boost, on 3-4 year old tuning. I got it retuned this past weekend, and with fresh tuning, I need a transmission. I didn't try but twice.. in "extreme" I couldn't get over 20Psi... my transmission was slipping that badly.

No idea how the truck will do with fresh tuning and a BTS,.. but I hope to find out within a year or so. By then I also hope to have the qssb modded into the gqssb, and also get a fuel system installed.

·
ROLLIN' BLACK!!!!!
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well all in all i am liking what i am hearing. now i just need to get my mounting adapter and base plate finished and get it in my truck. and get my new injectors and tuning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts