Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
2002 F-350 4X4
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking into getting new tires for my truck. im leaning towards all terain tires but i would like to see what they look like. if an one is running 35 inch nitto terra grapplers or bigger can you post pics. thanks

·
Registered
346 Posts
I love mine! Ive had two sets now and have a few buddies running them!

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Ran 2 sets, 25k max mileage and hydroplane in heavy rain even when new. Switched back to BFG's 45K miles typical but don't have the good looks of the Nittos.
Dang, and I was ticked to only get 40k out of mine :eek:

325/65R18 (34.88x13) Terra Grapplers under a 4" lift. I second the hydroplane comment, but was only in puddles never had much issue in wet roads. I got just shy of 40k out of mine with some uneven wear, woulda got another 5-10k out of the worst tire, but one was shot and 1 in between the worst/best.

I thought on snowy/slushy/icy roads they were great, good bite into the hard pack snow (mostly noticed when breaking) but in mud or heavy wet snow they would pack in quickly and become slicks. Had to switch into 4x4 more times than I thought necessary just moving though light slick stuff.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Had 35s on my old f150 and personally hated them. Didn't like the bubble look of the sidewall and lost traction on wet road way too many times.

·
Sofa King Cool
2,827 Posts
I had them and hated them as well, weren't good in any weather conditions

·
<<< my office view
240 Posts
ive got dam near 20k on mine now, the only thing i dont like about em is that big MADE IN CHINA imprint on the sidewall :lame:

·
<<< my office view
240 Posts
forgot the pic...

...315/75/16, which by all acccounts SHOULD be a 35inch tire, right?!?

not so much...

...and thats BRAND NEW with about 10 miles on em :mad:

pair that with my previous reason, and i cant wait til they wear out :hehe:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
i cant wait til they wear out :hehe:
Well it wont be no time at all. LOL

i have them on my truck and i think only have about 18k on them and there already worn out. plus im always sliding on slick roads and ive been stuck on a damn dirt road several times. i think i might try the trail grapplers next

·
Registered
575 Posts
On my last set i got 54k out of them. I agree with the puddles thing. Even if i they dont get the best traction in the mud, i havent been stuck yet. Thats what 4x4 is for.

·
<<< my office view
240 Posts
dunno about the quick wear option, i must not have checked that box when i ordered em :hehe:

i have just over 20k on em and i would conservatively put em at the halfway mark ;)

·
Sponsor w/out Blue name
1,503 Posts
what do you guys think in snow, i read that one post someone commented on them.. but are the bad,good. also i guess in mud you gotta spin em to make them clean../?

·
Scab
1,296 Posts
I have them and love them. I have a set of E range on some factory wheels with about 40 k on them and they still have plenty of wear left in them. I also have a set on my 20's and they seem to be wearing a little faster.

·
2002 F-350 4X4
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks guys for all the replys. this will really help me out in my decision for tires. im due soon for a new set

·
Sponsor w/out Blue name
1,503 Posts
man the truck looks real nice, and clean. is that really a 4" lift?? thought it'd sit higher. still looks great.

Dang, and I was ticked to only get 40k out of mine :
325/65R18 (34.88x13) Terra Grapplers under a 4" lift. I second the hydroplane comment, but was only in puddles never had much issue in wet roads. I got just shy of 40k out of mine with some uneven wear, woulda got another 5-10k out of the worst tire, but one was shot and 1 in between the worst/best.

I thought on snowy/slushy/icy roads they were great, good bite into the hard pack snow (mostly noticed when breaking) but in mud or heavy wet snow they would pack in quickly and become slicks. Had to switch into 4x4 more times than I thought necessary just moving though light slick stuff.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
man the truck looks real nice, and clean. is that really a 4" lift?? thought it'd sit higher. still looks great.
Thanks man :ford:

Yes, and yes I thought the same :doh: its a little more than an inch or so higher than a leveling kit but sits a little low compared to others lifts. Still kinda wish I had gone with an Icon 4.5 (measures closer to 5") but its got the look and gets compliments so I don't know if I will spend all the extra cash to go up more.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts