Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Wondering what if
828 Posts
This may get moved to there, but check out Other Diesel Topics on here. The biodiesel, svo and other alternative fuel area is where to find your answers. But from what I've read, it hasn't helped as much as some magazine adds have claimed.

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
It helps thin the wallet that is about it. It takes more energy to do hho than it provides.

·
Banned
814 Posts
there is a member on here that is doing some research with several test units in big rigs and seeing HUGE increases... new tech so i dont know if they want to say anything yet... ill PM this link to him and see if he wants to post anything....

just so everyone knows.... the old route of hydrogen doenst work... this one does....

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
:whs:

I've seen some pretty immaculate gains on my truck as well as multiple other over the road applications.
I'm not going to post specifics on our build or go to in depth, as I don't have the time to or really want to disclose a lot of our info.

My 7.3's doing very well with it, the last time it was hand calculated I was getting 18.5mpg while hauling 4 quads on an 18' flat bed 600 or so miles round trip. The kicker is, (if anyone knows anything about HHO) I'm only running between 5 and 7 amps.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
I did a ton of research on this last year and just finally gave up because for the most part I really couldn't find any hard evidence.

I'm in the process of installing a vegistroke now anyways, so no need to mess with that stuff.

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
: The kicker is, (if anyone knows anything about HHO) I'm only running between 5 and 7 amps.
5to 7 amps is good.

TO the OP if you can get a HHO cell ( the dry cells are better than the wet cells) that makes 5 to 6 liters a minute with 10 or less amp it should make a nice gain in MPG and a little more Horse Power. Just some food for thought.

·
Wondering what if
828 Posts
Hey Eric. You gonna hook me up?

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Hey Eric. You gonna hook me up?
I would if I could, if we get an extra one I'll see what I can come up with. I'm sure that the group of guys wouldn't mind selling you one but right now they're a little on the pricey side. :doh:

·
Wondering what if
828 Posts
@2-3k? Anyway Everything is out of the question right now til the house gets done. But our next g2g maybe you'd be kind to show it off.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
@2-3k? Anyway Everything is out of the question right now til the house gets done. But our next g2g maybe you'd be kind to show it off.
Shoot yeah, just remind me. I'll give you a lot more details on it.
I'd like to plan one for sometime in july.

·
Registered
124 Posts
:whs:

I've seen some pretty immaculate gains on my truck as well as multiple other over the road applications.
I'm not going to post specifics on our build or go to in depth, as I don't have the time to or really want to disclose a lot of our info.

My 7.3's doing very well with it, the last time it was hand calculated I was getting 18.5mpg while hauling 4 quads on an 18' flat bed 600 or so miles round trip. The kicker is, (if anyone knows anything about HHO) I'm only running between 5 and 7 amps.
Couple simple questions for you....

5 - 7 amps.... that's pretty good ! How much volume is being produced ? And any sensors you have to deal with ? Your water is probably staying pretty cool too yes ?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
wow< i just posted something on the 6.0 aftermarket section. I will watch this thread.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Couple simple questions for you....

5 - 7 amps.... that's pretty good ! How much volume is being produced ? And any sensors you have to deal with ? Your water is probably staying pretty cool too yes ?
Can't really give you a number on the exact volume, as its really hard to read because it's suck a light gas. The water does stay cool yes.

I'lll just say we got a columbia frieghtliner with a 60 series detroit up to 13-14mpg bobtailing with good weather.

·
Sorry, SUV's AINT TRUCKS
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey thanks for the info. its good to see some decent results in a diesel. I had a unit running on my gasser and gained roughly 3mpg. but I am hoping to see beter than that on my diesel.

Are there any sensors I need to worry with on the 6.0??

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
hey thanks for the info. its good to see some decent results in a diesel. I had a unit running on my gasser and gained roughly 3mpg. but I am hoping to see beter than that on my diesel.

Are there any sensors I need to worry with on the 6.0??
DO you have air sensors, like for oxygen in your air intake or exhaust???
somtimes that can mess up your MPG with Hydrogen it can actaly make it worth. I know in the 7.3L you dont have lots of sensors to worry about. I do not know much about the 6.0L Just something to look into. I hope this helps.

·
Sorry, SUV's AINT TRUCKS
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, on my gass truck you had to contend with the O2 and MAF/MAP sensors to see any big gains. I am not 100% about what sensors are on the 6.0L.

I have also heard that the 2 stage injectors keep the HHO from helping much also.

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
Yeah, on my gass truck you had to contend with the O2 and MAF/MAP sensors to see any big gains. I am not 100% about what sensors are on the 6.0L.

I have also heard that the 2 stage injectors keep the HHO from helping much also.
The injector should have nothing to do with it. The Hydrogen Makes more of the diesel Burn. So it takes less fuel to run. Hydrogen is like putting a oxygen tank in your pickup and running a hose into the air intake.

For a 6.0L you would want atleast 3lpm of hydrogen gas. if you can get one that flows more you will do better, and try to keep it under 8amps. Just some food for thought.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts