Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got an 04 F350 6.0 thats going into limp mode with no CEL and i dont know why. I need to know if there are any soft/pending codes, or if someone can tell me whats going on. Ford wants $200 just to plug it in and i cant do that right now. If someone can help me out or knows someone that can help it would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I would run it by a smaller shop some times they wil charge 20 bucks or so. hemlock transmissions will do it. they are in WPB

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'd do it for ya but just came back to school in Orlando. Where in wpd are ya

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Call up jdms, tell them Alex sent you. Better than hemlock

Too late I dropped it off this morning. We will see if he figures it out. He keeps going on about the transmission I told him it is not and that international said it was not the trans but he wouldn't listen. Then there was this kid there that is apparently a Powerstroke genius and says my problem is I bought parts from international. So I'm like where do u think Ford gets the parts from

·
Registered
747 Posts
Exactly, they tried to sell me a tranny and refused to tell me what was in it

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exactly, they tried to sell me a tranny and refused to tell me what was in it

He called me up and said its not the tranny and all the electronics are fine. He says he thinks it isn't getting fuel. That one of the lines are clogged. He is gonna do a fuel pressure test in the back of the head. Now I'm at $190. $55 bucks more then what Ford wanted and Ford would look into it until they find the problem for $145 flat rate. That's what I get for trying to save $50.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So a conclusion has been made. After an initial OK of $95 to do a diagnostic test and another OK of $100 to do a fuel system test, $195 total, I am now at over $400 (without my permission) and it was a bad EBP sensor. The truck is now fixed (also without my permission), but at least it's a big stress relief

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bad exp. I should have been more clear, I didn't know you were going to use them to work on your truck. I don't know if I would let them but they have the capability to scan your truck and possibly tell you what's wrong, I thought that's all you wanted.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry to hear about your bad exp. I should have been more clear, I didn't know you were going to use them to work on your truck. I don't know if I would let them but they have the capability to scan your truck and possibly tell you what's wrong, I thought that's all you wanted.
I wasn't going to let them work on the truck. All I wanted was for them to just diagnose it. I explained it to him like 5 times. I also told him more then once I didn't have the money right now to have any work done. I guess he didn't care and just went ahead cutting my wiring harness anyway.

·
Swamp trash...
247 Posts
Wish I saw this sooner...I would of gave you a hand, I am right down the road from you!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hey, if you get a chance stop at the Al Packard Ford dealer on Southern just west of 441 and see the parts manager Jeff, he is a really cool guy. Tell him I sent ya, he might be able too help with the service work in the future. I used too buy all my mustang parts from him;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey, if you get a chance stop at the Al Packard Ford dealer on Southern just west of 441 and see the parts manager Jeff, he is a really cool guy. Tell him I sent ya, he might be able too help with the service work in the future. I used too buy all my mustang parts from him;)

Thanks. I do get my parts for my Lincoln there. I think Jeff is the guy I worked with. He helped me out when the air temp sensor for my climate control crapped out.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts