Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to make the engine fan turn on manually at an idle? I just want it to come on while im sitting in the pits and such to help pull some heat off the engine and mostly the intercooler. Let me know, I was going to call eric to see if he can do it in the tuning but i wanna see if there is something simple i can do first.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
I dont know if it can be done manually without IDS or AE.

Im sure there might be a sensor ground out trick somewhere but dont know what it is

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know i could do it with IDS, just didnt want to have to do it like that... pain in the arse LOL

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
You do know getting hauled by a chevy like in your avatar pic is a cardinal sin dont you DustinLOLLOLLOL

Its supposed to be the other way around

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
What about switching to an electric fan setup?

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
na our fans are so much bigger than what i think little electrics can do, although my fan rarely kicks on... i think im just going to soak the intercooler in cold water and hope it helps lol. Luckey most of my pulls are at night so air temps should be cooler than 70 degrees.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
bag if ice will help too. i dont know how techs are out there, but some are sticklers. f they see stuff pouring out, even though its water, they wont let you run down the track.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bag if ice will help too. i dont know how techs are out there, but some are sticklers. f they see stuff pouring out, even though its water, they wont let you run down the track.
shouldnt be a huge deal its just down the sled pulling track. But i would rather not have any issues like that. I just hope the turbo lights this weekend... going to have to get a looser converter i think

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
You could always set up a NOS solenoid to purge onto the intercooler. That would cool it off real quick.... and look kinda cool as well.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
Oh, thought you meant drag stripLOL

an the nitrous is another way as well!!! Get youself some stainless steal line and bend in in a square pattern and drill some holes, quick purge and those temps will go DOWN!
good thinking to the OP!

·
Traitor
1,779 Posts
Anyone know how to make the engine fan turn on manually at an idle? I just want it to come on while im sitting in the pits and such to help pull some heat off the engine and mostly the intercooler. Let me know, I was going to call eric to see if he can do it in the tuning but i wanna see if there is something simple i can do first.
Dustin,

All you need to do is ground the control line. get a schematic and find the control line at the fan. Use a wire tap and tap a wire to a SPST toggle switch and then to ground. That is how I control it on my race truck.:D

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You could always set up a NOS solenoid to purge onto the intercooler. That would cool it off real quick.... and look kinda cool as well.
Cant have nitrous anywhere near my truck for the sled pulls...

Oh, thought you meant drag stripLOL

an the nitrous is another way as well!!! Get youself some stainless steal line and bend in in a square pattern and drill some holes, quick purge and those temps will go DOWN!
good thinking to the OP!
That would work perfect at the tract but for sled pulls i can have nitrous so that one is out
Dustin,

All you need to do is ground the control line. get a schematic and find the control line at the fan. Use a wire tap and tap a wire to a SPST toggle switch and then to ground. That is how I control it on my race truck.:D
thank you greg i will try and find a schematic and see what i can come up with, thats exactly what i needed thank you.

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Cant have nitrous anywhere near my truck for the sled pulls...

That would work perfect at the tract but for sled pulls i can have nitrous so that one is out
I thought you ran it at DPC? Im guessing the rules are different for your class or something to that effect.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DPC allows nitrous, pretty much no other sled pulling association does which is fine.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I want to rig up an A/c evaporator in the intake i think that would be awesome LOL lightnings used it to cool charge air temps

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
how much room do you have on the back of the IC?

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
I dont think u can turn it on manually. Its a thermostatic fan clutch. i goes off engine temp and speed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts