Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Aint Got Non
316 Posts
Hey man. I'm on the CGC Sycamore in cordova AK. Been to Kodiak about 4 times in the last year and a half.

·
Aint Got Non
316 Posts
About a year and a half now. I'm sure you've already gotten or am getting your welcome aboard package but stuff is gonna be expensive. My ship went to TSTA in Everett WA last summer and the ship rented a Cargo Container for us. We brought back about 25K+ in 4 wheelers and another 20k+ in beer, food and gneral stuff you cant get or is double the price up here.

But, if you like the outdoors and like to hunt in fish then you've got it made.

·
Aint Got Non
316 Posts
UHG dry dock just got pushed back til the end of july! Rumor has it that Kodiak is comming up soon. Might hit you up when i get there.

·
Lots to learn
374 Posts
Eagle River checking in...

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So all you guys in alaska, give me the scoop on some good shops up there. I like to have a good relationship with a shop wherever I am at. Also are there any diesel clubs or alaska specific forums out there?

·
Aint Got Non
316 Posts
Northern diesel performance. (Home) Owned by Jim. Has the hook ups for all the good shops, and gets al the parts (and his website is 4 years old) free shipping. Has a 7.3 eclb that ran high 11's in wasilla.

·
Lots to learn
374 Posts
Another plug for Jim. (907)360-3933. Try that number between 1630-decent hours:)...and if you have to, leave a message, he'll get back to you. He's been doing the diesel performance thing for years now...knows the business, and really knows his stuff. Keeps a lot of good stuff in stock, but as was previously stated, if he doesn't have it, I don't know how you'd get it up here for a better price than through Jim.

·
Aint Got Non
316 Posts
Havent driven it... but from what I hear... hope you have some SOFT suspension (if your driving it in the spring). Its supposed to be bumpy and full of pot holes... for MILES!

·
Aint Got Non
316 Posts
PS.. was jast in Kodiak for 2 weeks for a Logistics run.... Still a little bit cold... AND FREAKIN WINDY. Had to drop anchor at the Pier.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PS.. was jast in Kodiak for 2 weeks for a Logistics run.... Still a little bit cold... AND FREAKIN WINDY. Had to drop anchor at the Pier.
Wow! That's always a fun time! We were in san fran last year for fleet week and between the wind and tide, we plowed into the pier sideways at 5 knots! Bent the entire taft rail on the starboard side of the fantail in almost three feet. Just finished replacing it yesterday.

·
Aint Got Non
316 Posts
The dickies are sanding and painting everything on the fan tail this week preparing for the change of command this summer. 3 needle guns going at once gets old fast.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Eargle river here. Different strokes of alaska is the only PSD shop/mechanic I trust in Alaska. He only deals with PSD and has more experience than any other shop around. Can do stock or after market work. You name it.

I go to kodiak often and visit the CG base every time. Nice base IMO. Have a cousin in the USCG there.. Dodge fans though. They are supposed to de shutting down the runways this spring for repaving and operating the fixed wings out of elmendorf for 2-3 weeks.. Doesn't appear to have started yet though..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts