Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off.. legit tread life? I know they're hard as a rock but does anyone have a legit number to put down?

Did the added weight per tire affect anything? I can only assume so.... if so, how much did your mpg and braking decrease?

Decent in the rain?

Im wanting

38s but it will never go offroad, so I don't want to waste money on Swampers.

Thanks in advance...

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
Well, I cant tell you much about tread life as I bought mine used and didnt put all that many miles on them. I dont know how much they affected my MPG either as I havent corrected my speedo for the bigger tires. They seemed to do fine in the rain for me though. Otherwise All I can show you is what they look like on 9" wide rims and 12" rims on my superduty. Sorry I couldnt be more help, but I did like them.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Well, I cant tell you much about tread life as I bought mine used and didnt put all that many miles on them. I dont know how much they affected my MPG either as I havent corrected my speedo for the bigger tires. They seemed to do fine in the rain for me though. Otherwise All I can show you is what they look like on 9" wide rims and 12" rims on my superduty. Sorry I couldnt be more help, but I did like them.
Pics would be great....

Also does anyone have a source for these tires??

·
Registered
510 Posts

·
STILL LEARNING
18,332 Posts

·
BrokeAss
841 Posts
I know the 37" mil tires will last damn near forever on road. But if you have a habit of spinning em on road, they won't last long. Tire compound basically falls apart is my understanding.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Those grooved 37" goodyears look pretty nice, I wonder if they help the tire not SUCK off pavement
who you kiddin?? You dont get your pretty trucks:eek: dirty!!!!:evilLOL

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have the grooved ones, they were cheap and they actually work okay offroad, not great but the flex pretty good and yes, they wear like steel.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump.... local guy told me his are wearing like boggers .... -_*

Any other options? I don't wanna run the 11/16 and look goofy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
havnt heard of xml but i run cooper stt 20000 miles still lookin new

·
Registered
430 Posts
Only experience I have with them is on Humvees and they dont show wear, even on uparmored 1151s that weigh alot they last forever. Traction-wise, couldnt tell you, humvees weigh enough and with 6.5 power they would never spin anyway LOL

BTW, They are not used on new military stuff, all the new humvees come on civilian style goodyear Wrangler MTRs

·
BrokeAss
841 Posts
Only experience I have with them is on Humvees and they dont show wear, even on uparmored 1151s that weigh alot they last forever. Traction-wise, couldnt tell you, humvees weigh enough and with 6.5 power they would never spin anyway LOL

BTW, They are not used on new military stuff, all the new humvees come on civilian style goodyear Wrangler MTRs
I saw a new HMMWV last year and saw the tires and got instantly confused, now I know haha.
As for the tires wearing, I know a guy that has em and they wear like steel unless you do some burnouts or chirp tire alot or that sort of thing.
But isn't that how most tires are :doh:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have the cooper stt now as well, they ride amazing... I just want a 38.

Just confirm... this is the tire im speaking /asking about. From my understanding they only came on the 8x8 armored things.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have the cooper stt now as well, they ride amazing... I just want a 38.

Just confirm... this is the tire im speaking /asking about. From my understanding they only came on the 8x8 armored things.
I have searched all over the web...Cant find them anywhere...

Where can they be bought???

·
airman
1,064 Posts
Just remember a buddy is running xmls but not sure if he's had them long enough to give good feedback. I'm wanting to run them someday so hopefully they do good.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 21 Posts