Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I was wondering if anyone in the bay area has auto enginuity and might be willing to help me. I am having a problem with high EGT's. I have mods in sig and have talked to Jody at DP tuner. He would like me to check my HPOP but I don't have a way to do it. If anyone can help I would even be willing to pay. Truck runs great but EGT's hit 1200 + with or without load very quickly. I just installed a ww surge is gone but temps are still high. Not sure what else to look at. My trailer is only 4700 lbs dry maybe 5500 loaded This load should not be a problem for this truck. Any sugestions? Please help.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
If your ever in the sacramento area, let me know and i can hook up my AE to your truck. But if your having high EGT problems, i would be checking your up-pipes for leaks. Also make sure you dont have boost leaks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just put ww in up pipe have no soot. Thanks for the offer if nobody closer can help I will make the drive. I need to figue out what is going on.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
You checked the up-pipes farther down too correct? Not just at the turbo

And with how much it would cost you, have you considered purchasing AE? Diesel Innovations, ITP diesel and PHP all sell it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry I didn't read you entire message checked up pipes they are good. Considered buying AE but don't plan on doing other mods so I don't think I could use it to its full power.

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
We went threw his truck two weekends ago when we put in the WW and everything check out. Up pipes look Perfect, when we un-plug the Red line he can hit 30 PSI. I didn't have my boost leak detector with me so we didn't check for leaks that way. The one thing I did find is that his MAP sensor is reading 5 - 10 PSI off from the actual boost like when he was a 20 the MAP was seeing 3 or 4 PSI so we swapped his map sensor with mine and it made a difference but I still think there is something else going on. Chris I will call a guy I know and see if I can get you hooked up. :D

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
We went threw his truck two weekends ago when we put in the WW and everything check out. Up pipes look Perfect, when we un-plug the Red line he can hit 30 PSI. I didn't have my boost leak detector with me so we didn't check for leaks that way. The one thing I did find is that his MAP sensor is reading 5 - 10 PSI off from the actual boost like when he was a 20 the MAP was seeing 3 or 4 PSI so we swapped his map sensor with mine and it made a difference but I still think there is something else going on. Chris I will call a guy I know and see if I can get you hooked up. :D
Hmm, thats weird. No boost fooler hooked up, correct?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no boost fooler I have the code tunes so I don't need the boost fooler.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts

I think that would be a good idea Nick!

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
Hello I was wondering if anyone in the bay area has auto enginuity and might be willing to help me. I am having a problem with high EGT's. I have mods in sig and have talked to Jody at DP tuner. He would like me to check my HPOP but I don't have a way to do it. If anyone can help I would even be willing to pay. Truck runs great but EGT's hit 1200 + with or without load very quickly. I just installed a ww surge is gone but temps are still high. Not sure what else to look at. My trailer is only 4700 lbs dry maybe 5500 loaded This load should not be a problem for this truck. Any sugestions? Please help.
Modesto?:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.